Zone Alarm Shows 80,000 Intrusions. Help !

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sounding a bit idiotic here. but firewall is doing the job it is supposed to do.if it is blocking intrusions, its a good thing. right?

He is right about Zone Alarm showing more intrusions though. My reading of that was that they wanted to impress users to upgrade to the paid version by showing it was performing its job very efficiently(My cynical advertising mind!)

i am sounding a bit idiotic here. but firewall is doing the job it is supposed to do.

if it is blocking intrusions, its a good thing. right?
U Are right Sushubh, ZA is doing its job, however my question is, is there someone who is trying to get into my PC desperately OR if ZA is doing some mistake and stopping some of my Bandwidth.. ?

He is right about Zone Alarm showing more intrusions though. My reading of that was that they wanted to impress users to upgrade to the paid version by showing it was performing its job very efficiently

(My cynical advertising mind!)
Hey meaculpa,

You have a point here... I'll search the net to get some Facts....

umm ZA would not stop legitimate traffic. though the speeds might suffer due to all the analyzing going on. ZA on our systems here resulted in crawling speeds as it consumes too many resources. thank god for linux... i have better things to consume computer resources with.

Guys,I think I have found one Culprit. Its Bit Comet. however, Bitcomet is not the only culprit. Yesterday i did a test. I restarted my machine, logged on to internet and monitered Zone Alarm with no appliactions running. At that time the rate of intrusions was around 1 intrusion per 30-45 Sec (Ideally it should have been 0). Then I gradually started applications like messengers, browsers did some surfing etc. the rate was same.Then I started bit comet and intrusions went to their peak i.e. around 2 intrusions per Second. The strange thing in this is the intrusions did not drop even after closing Bit Comet. So now can anyone comment on this, keeping in mind that Bit comet is not the only cause, but a major factor for the intrusions. As stated above that even with no applications running intrusions are happening but with a low rate.Thx in AdvanceAmit

Status
Not open for further replies.