Zone Alarm Shows 80,000 Intrusions. Help !

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,488
Status
Not open for further replies.

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hi All,

There is this weired thing happening with me. I have 2 Broadbands Tataindicom and BSNL. For Tata i use a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem and for BSNL i use D-Link DSL-502T Router. Whenever I use my TataIndicom connection, Zonealarm starts showing lot of incomming Intrusions being blocked. Currently it shows almost 80,000 intrusions being blocked, and almost 3000 of which are high rated. However, when i use my BSNL connection, there are no new intrusions being reported and as soon as i connect to Tata again, the intrusion start increasing.

I'm not sure how to upload images with posts, otherwise i wud have supplied a screenshot too.

Please suggest what shld i do.

Amit

======
EDIT
======

Guys now the count has increased to 18,40,000+ and it is increasing per second. Please help me I think someone is really pinging me badly check out this screenshot ZoneAlarm

Or do you think that ZoneAlarm is mistakenly treating inward traffic as intrusions ?

connect the cable modem( TATA) to the D-Link router then to your computer.
details in PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall for programming D-link.
What is the modem for BSNL you are using ? SmartAx Mt882 or UTstar etc .
Connect to USB port from the modem.
One BB connection only at a time to ONE computer.. Disable the other as a precaution. .

I'm not sure how to upload images with posts, otherwise i wud have supplied a screenshot too.

upload picture on services like tinypic.com and copy the bbcode version here...

I too had same problem with TATA few years back..I had their connection last year & duh had almost 5000 Alerts in ZA.. Now with Airtel.. its cool.. no alerts..Just wonder what may be the reason.. Any ideas >

It's becoz they provide fixed ip address while Airtel provide dynamic ip address

What does that have to do>?

Hi Guys
Now the count has increased to 18,40,000+ and it is increasing per second. Please help me I think someone is really pinging me badly check out this screenshot ZoneAlarm
Or do you think that ZoneAlarm is mistakenly treating some sort of inward traffic as intrusions ?

Nope. I get some too from Norton. Blocked ofcourse. Not as high as your count but a substantial number.I dunno why it comes but atleast it gets blocked!

By The way, my IP is not a static one, it is dynamic. It gets changed atleast everytime i reboot my PC. Now, any bright Ideas to help me guys ??

Don't know the exact reason however-If ur playing Youtube videos and in between streaming you put on the intrernet lock in Zonealarm the number of incoming intrusion increase at enormous pace!! Same might be true for other application like torrent.

If you are on a LAN connection with TATA, then it must be some PC on LAN that is infected and looking for buddies.

Don't know the exact reason however-
If ur playing Youtube videos and in between streaming you put on the intrernet lock in Zonealarm the number of incoming intrusion increase at enormous pace!!
Same might be true for other application like torrent.
Hmm.. you might be right. However question still remains why so many intrusions on Tata Indicom and not a single on BSNL ??

If you are on a LAN connection with TATA, then it must be some PC on LAN that is infected and looking for buddies.
No Im not on Lan ...

Howcome I get some though not as many as what he gets and I am using Norton?

Amit, did you check the log? Chances are pretty high that it's treating inward traffic as intrusions. I don't have any idea why it happens more with 1 ISP than another.I had the same problem when I was running Zone Alarm last year and like you I freaked out. And my very non-tech solution was to uninstall it and then I lived happily ever after 🙂Incidentally, the speed of page download also increased after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.