Zomato News & Updates

bB6ZYCD.webp

I was thinking about renewing Zomato Pro subscription, but it says 'this does not include free delivery."

When did this happen?

My friend just messaged me out of nowhere that Zomato has given him free Pro Plus membership.

Wah Zomato wah. 😒

Just happen to discuss with someone who has opened a small food outlet & who had checked with an agent from Zomato. 30% margin is what they want - plus there is a push to create combos and stuff and also there seems to some fees to be paid up front and some other costs. At the end, he was saying he will have to sell an item that he is selling for 160 at his shop for 250 to get his same margin, which is 30-40 rupees per item after salaries, maintenance and raw items cost. He also said he will feel sorry for the customer who has to buy that item for 250 rupees as its definitely not worth it (despite the fact that he is one who might be selling it). For now, he has not tied up with them.

I think this is one reason why FreshMenu developed their own app and website.

I used to like them a lot, but their quality and portions have gotten terrible.

I also forgot to mention about some amounts to be paid to "boost" their joint . Otherwise it will just be a regular listing (Obviously). And a different person whom I spoke with a couple of years ago who had dealings with Swiggy (In Bangalore, his area had not much takers of Zomato and Uber Eats) , spoke of other pressures from them to give buy 1 get 1 kind of offers regularly often despite paying extra for boosts - just to stay even with the competition.

.. and is the pro+ discount applicable in addition to the usual offers or does it only waive off the delivery charges?

I went to McDonald's today and my order was Rs. 50-60 less if I had ordered the same from Zomato (without delivery charges). I felt that Zomato is adding GST on top of the original order amount charged by the restaurant (which includes GST), cannot verify it right now.

From what I have seen, the per item prices vary from 20 to 80 more on average - Plus "packing"charges are put, even when it is horrible packaging and when you normally walk-in/pickup there is no charge. Add delivery charge and more likely than not your overall bill ends 30-40% more. If you get some good discount you can probably dial back in some 10-20%. Overall, I don't believe using Zomato/Swiggy can ever be a cheaper option even with the best deals/discounts/pro/pro-plus/card-offers/whatever than actually buying direct.