Zomato News & Updates

nMSlxiv.png

Join Pro and we might invite you to Pro plus.

What happened to Gold? Discontinued? Killed? Or was rebranded to Pro? Coz I still see complaints from people who paid for gold but couldn't use it during lockdown.

I have Pro. No option to upgrade to Pro Plus.

I generally use Zomato to pay when I dine-in, and I get about 20% discount on selected outlets.

lol. how much do they charge for shipping? i think the amount is pretty significant like Amazon.

was funny when i saw my 'savings' on Amazon Prime. 90% of it was shipping charges.

Here it is...

jarsBp7.webp

assuming shipping is around 40 bucks per order... and you order from zomato frequently. i guess it does make sense to get it. 10 orders in 3 months. 25 orders in a year...

Oh! I remember why I don't order online on Zomato. 1/4th cost of the order is sometimes the shipping charges.

People who place 'big' orders do the max savings I think.

The usage was a bit more earlier - now its reduced a bit - overall trying to cut down outside food & buying direct from 3-4 nearby places as they offer lower prices even less than all with what Zomato discounts accounted for - basically there is a 30% difference in price, so it made sense to call them up for delivery. One guy became so famililar he used to pick up the phone with a "haan boliye bhai sab kya order hai" & asked no address or anything and delivered.

lol. reminds me of the time when a decent pizza outlet opened in my local market. i tried out a bunch of their pizzas and finally settled on one that i liked the most. and i started ordering that pizza specifically. eventually we reached a stage where as soon as the guy picked up my phone, he would basically say, 15 minute mein pahuch jayega and that was all that was required.

having said that, it is best to support your local outlets and ordering directly if they have a delivery boy for themselves. some outlets are now using dunzo to deliver as it still turns out to be cheaper than delivering through zomato. others just pay just cash to any zomato/swiggy guy roaming around free in the area and get them to deliver closeby orders if they are willing.

i do not think i have used swiggy or zomato except for a random order here and there in the last 10 years. i stick to my local outlets and just eat there generally. or take a takeaway. last order i could think of was from dunkin because i was too lazy to drive to their closest outlet which was still pretty far away and i just wanted to have a donut. the condition of the donut by the time it reached me ensured that i never ordered a donut as well since then.

I have Pro. How do I check if I am eligible for Pro Plus or not?
@Navjot Singh The ss that you attached, where does that show up?

I used to order soo much from zomato but one day i just went to restaurant directly and was shocked to see price difference of 50 rs on most items. That outlet sells dal makhani for 130rs per plate and same item is priced at 180rs on zomato + delivery fee of 30 rs + tax. So from that day onwards I totally quit zomato ordering.

and lets not forget surge pricing

and to compensate predatory pricing, coupons are giving for lets say 50rs or 100 rs discount but in the end it still cost approximately 40rs higher than ordering directly.