• Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,053

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Zenith is running some ads in newspapers claiming that their personal computers are the cheapest compared to rival products especially the ones which ship with an operating system.Fortunately (or unfortunately) they are indeed selling their computers with some or the other variant of Vista OS (and not XP).The funny thing is that all the configurations they were showing in the advertisements had 512 MB RAM.As far as I know Microsoft's suggested requirement for Vista OS machines is 1 GB RAM... How bad can it get with Indian companies! It's hard to get a decent deal from Dell. The max they offer in regular configurations is 1 GB RAM. I am sure if I were to upgrade the RAM to 2 GIG... They would raise the prices of their products significantly.

Tried configuring a system at Dell.

System had, 512 MB by default, and had Free DOS (actually called them to check). Did not have any monitor.

Its cost was ~19k.

Cost of adding RAM to make it 2 GB ----- ~11k 😡

URL : http://dellstore02.sg.dell.com/public/cart/configurator.jsp?prd_id=40944&sr_no=1

so 1.5 gig ram for 11k from Dell?a friend just got a laptop from the US... dell inspiron 6400 i think.core 2 duo 2 gig ram 256meg graphic card overall an excellent pakage. cost? 1300 dollars...

3 years ago when I ordered my laptop, they (Dell) were charging 14K more to upgrade from 256MB to 1GB. I paid 4K to get it up to 1x512 ingle stick (which was differently priced from 2x256) and then bought an additional 1x1GB from a local shop for 8K.

Expensive stuff these laptops are 🙁