ZEISS AntiFOG Kit

So my experience from yesterday. I did not apply a fresh coat. But I had to use the Zeiss cloth 2-3 times through the day to clean up upper areas of my lens to clean the smudges. It seems like the coating is catching fog and after a while, it needs to be cleaned up otherwise I end up with blurriness at the upper edges of the lens. I did not face fog problem at all through the day.

The product page says upto 72hrs of fog free glasses. Lets see how long it will hold.

I have already scrubbed it off so much so hard, it's amazing it's still working fine.

I cleaned my spectacles today morning with soap and did not apply the anti fog spray just to make sure that it's not the sudden change in weather that's not causing the fogging. Fogged like crazy 😝

A similar colored cloth is included in the spectacle box. Not sure if it is the same.

It is not the same. I did ask them. They say that this cloth contains some chemicals due to which it gets its antifog properties. If you see they say only good for 200 wipes.

Does anyone know what chemicals are used ? Does it have long term side effects? Is it approved by a valid Board?
Considering the lack of testing and rules in India, we need to be pretty sure before using these kind of products.

nvmuXZS.webp

So it definitely lasted for 3 days for me. The only problem was the small patches where it kept on collecting liquid type material causing blurry vision which I think was because these areas were not properly coated.

I would apply a fresh coat today and see if that fixes the problem with upper edges of the lenses.