• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 10,824

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k13/aug/aug20.php

Plans for launch of 2 new channels without ZEE branding like STAR did with OK brand.

Zee TV proclaiming that it is launching a new movie channel christened "&pictures".
Weird name 🙂

the target audience, well, it's going to be young India, namely the youth. Hence, the channel will run films which excite them and which are not more than a decade old.
"But that doesn't mean we will not show cult movies like Jo Jeeta Wohi Sinkandar.
Then after few days they will start broadcasting dubbed South Indian movies 😀

It is slated to launch another GEC in September called Anmol
Hope it doesn't fails like Zee Next channel which was launched as 2nd GEC few years ago.

Looks like they finally hired some good graphic designers.

Well, Star did have a Star Gold, but they went ahead with Movies OK....
Zee also has/had Zee Action/Zee Premier/Zee Classic if I remember correctly - are they still there...?

Movie channels are easy. You do not have to create original programming. You can recycle your existing bouquet of movies and charge for the new channel in a combo pack and of course, you get another channel to run ads on for money.

Well, Star did have a Star Gold, but they went ahead with Movies OK.... Zee also has/had Zee Action/Zee Premier/Zee Classic if I remember correctly - are they still there...?
Yes, those channels are still there. It will be the 4th hindi movie channel from Zee. Only to earn more money they are launching it.

Yes, its for advertisers. Last line in link which I mentioned says-
The new channel will also help it provide inventory to advertisers, which is set to reduce, courtesy the TRAI ad cap which will be implemented from 1 October onwards.