Zee Launches Ditto TV

requires adobe air on android. bakwaas.

----------

heh. downloaded on the computer. adobe air again. this is the 'premium' quality which is the best they have on offer.

Deal breaker, is it? One reason I can think of is AIR allows these guys to write once and deploy everywhere, saving development time. That is, unless they really needed some feature in the AIR SDK, which isn't easily available on Android (and there are many such things animation related)

i did not install the standard chartered's mobile app because it asked for adobe air. i am not going to install it for this shitz 😀

Also, they are offering Sports Package but nerds didn't allowed to choose any sports channel. Rs 99 wasted for this freaking product. But atleast I will be able to save money of all IBF members. Simply avoid this.

insta7 is much better app than this Zee Ditto TV. Here are some SS from my blackberry.

You guys atleast got it playing something. On mine it just kept loading and loading and loadi.....

Looks pathetic on Computer but quality is some what nice on mobile handset.

I was there in the press conference. Initially they said its hardware related but then...basically...its an app. That plays series and stuff that "our" population doesn't watch. Most of the people were asking silly questions like how much money did you invest and all (i mean....COME ON!!!!) but this girl at the back from MINT and the guy next to me asked the reasonable question (well...1 asked a good question and another asked reasonable question compared to other questions being raised). The first question was "how come STAR isn't involved?" and she said something that they're most likely cooking up the same stuff. The answer? Something like "I am sure they are planning to do something that we already had with expertise from siemens but I am sure eventually something can be worked out that they can have content on our platform just as we could have our content on their platform." Second was the maximum resolution. The question is pretty standard but they haven't given a proper answer. I mean everyone knows how crappy the connection speeds we have. The siemens dude kept the microphone down in the middle of the rephrasing of the question and some answer came which went over my head. When he asked them in 1-on-1, they said 1080i in United States. BTW, those movies are deemed as exclusive content. I know that no1 wants to see THOSE movies but I think that's what they seem to be aiming at. I was going on and on whining that the cake was a lie >_> BUT it didn't really look special. I mean...who want to watch ALL that on tablet/cellphones, whatever? You pay for the connection, you pay for this which has limited channels...as of now? I mean- things would have worked much better if all these channel guys came together and work on a common app rather than having separate app for zee networks and if negotiations doesn't pull off, star will have their own....stuff. BTW, according the person who showed the demo stuff: a service might be enabled where you can record the stuff.

Also, they are offering Sports Package but nerds didn't allowed to choose any sports channel. Rs 99 wasted for this freaking product.

Please look at their plans a bit carefully. 3+ and 4 channel plans cost 49, but only 3+ allows sports channels. Similarly the 7+ only provides sports channels and not 10 channel pack.

^^ Ya, but pricing of 7 Ditto+ and 10 Ditto was same i.e Rs 99. So I went ahead with highest channel pack.

product description clearly states which package can have sports channels and which not.

----------

right. it was confusing at first. clever pricing. 😀 who is going to pay them 100 bucks for 10 channels 😕

----------

oh wait you did 😛

🙁 yes, I overlooked that word " Excluded ". Looks like I have gone blind .