Zee Entertainment merges with Sony Pictures India (Likely Cancelled)

Reactions: SVK
The shareholders of Sony Pictures Networks India will infuse growth capital into that company as part of the merger, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. says in a statement to Indian stock exchanges.
  • Sony capital infusion will be such that it has about $1.575 billion cash balance at closing.
  • Shareholders of Sony Pictures Networks India will hold a majority 52.93% stake in the merged entity and Zee shareholders will hold 47.07%.

Makes sense for Zee, more so after they got some of their executives to step down last week. Plus their shares had rebounded up then too.

It would be interesting to see what happens to Zee5 and Sony Liv. Will they close either of the app?
Few years back Zee sold its Sports channels Ten Sports Network to Sony.

I hope the streaming services get merged. So raise the price for one service a bit but we get a whole lot more content

The chances of the streaming services merging are less. Though I would love to pay for lesser channels on Tata Sky. But that also probably won't happen. lol

I wonder if this move will improve Zee or ruin Sony. Zee CEO heading the new company isn't great news though.