ZEE Dish TV DTH Not receiving signal

• Thread starter Thread starter iamanand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,291

iamanand

ISP
Airtel
Hi all, I am not receiving any signal for the last 2 days. I have Dish Tv Zenega set top box. The signal strenth and quality are both showing 096.I checked the cable it is okay. I called the 'wonderful' customer service and intitially i was told that the refersh will be done and i will receive all the cahnnels in 2 hours. latera fter 2 hrs i am told it is an allignment problem. I suspect that it is the plastic part on the dish antenna that is the problem. I had changed it about 6 months ago only. My questioni is 1) hwat is the name of this part 2) can i get it outside?I do nto wnatg to keep paying the supposedly technical guys for visit and part especially since i changed it recently. Please helpRegardsAnand

Hi Anand,Even i am also having the same problem. Most of the channels scrambling. Tomorrow i will realign my Dish. I will let you know if it resolve this issue.ThanksBala

Hi all,
I am not receiving any signal for the last 2 days. I have Dish Tv Zenega set top box.
The signal strenth and quality are both showing 096.

I checked the cable it is okay. I called the 'wonderful' customer service and intitially i was told that the refersh will be done and i will receive all the cahnnels in 2 hours. latera fter 2 hrs i am told it is an allignment problem.

I suspect that it is the plastic part on the dish antenna that is the problem. I had changed it about 6 months ago only.

My questioni is

1) hwat is the name of this part
2) can i get it outside?

I do nto wnatg to keep paying the supposedly technical guys for visit and part especially since i changed it recently.

Please help

Regards
Anand

Its called 'LNB'. U get it for Rs 200/250...

Hi draog , Thank you.Bala, Thank you But i am pretty sure that it is a problem in the LNB. I just changed it 4 months ago.RegradsAnand

Anand,i just made alight adjustment on my dish to correct the issue. It was alignment issue. Please try adjusting your dish. normally LNB will not fail. Trust me my LNB is 6yrs old that too i bought for DD Direct DTH and later i used the same for Dish TV by borrowing setbox from my friend.ThanksBala

today I had complete blackout on my dish TV, but DD National and few other channels were coming, others were blank.It got automatically resolved in 2-3 hours.I get 70% or above signals so its not something with alignment i suppose.

@baluchen: Can you tell the exact angle and inclination of correct alignment of the dish?

Hi, I don't have any tools to set exactly particular degree.Here is the method i normally do1.If you seach channels it always return 230 TC Channels.2. Two phone one with me and one with my wife.3. I will ask her to seach channels in Menu-> setting option. If i get 230 channels then my antenna is right direction. If not i will slightly rotate and then search again. I will stop rotating dish once i received 230 channels.4. then fine tuning.. Randomly i will check channel signal quality and move the dish to gain more %. LNB change not reqiured most of the times. So i will not change LNBThanksBala

Thanks for sharing your method.Just a silly question: Do you also align the LNB to point it exactly at the focal point of the dish?