Zee Dish TV DTH : High Definition Programming - Zee Dish TV

• Thread starter Thread starter kvishal_lvl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,845

kvishal_lvl

ISP
NetDatAA
Friends,I have seen alot of HD TVs in the showrooms in Bangalore, does any of the DTH provider has any HD channels or any plan you guys are aware of?thanks,Vishal

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha...... No.

^^^^^ what he said 😉currently in India, the only worthy HD content is Xbox360/PS3 games.....

HD transmission would require a lot more satellites and lot more transponders with high data capacity which are simply not available right now. And renting transponders on foreign satellites will not be a feasible option. So the ISRO need to put things on an F1 track !!

Hehe, for a sec there after i read the topic....i went like OMG! it's finally here.Lol, majority of the country is still using contemprary cable transmission and Tv aerials.

Id love to see proper SDTV here..
Maybe IPTV can catalyze HD content here..

What stops us from using some of the DTH equipments add some more hardware and get all free to air HD satellites channels.

The terrible thing is that they should have planned bringing in HDTV (as well as widescreen content) with CAS instead of just applying 10 year old technology.But it seems that perhaps the people in charge are not so abreast with technology. Plus, there really is no incentive to upgrade here - people are not going to start watching more saas-bahu programs if they go HD. (Plus god save us if those serials with their atrocious audio mixing ever go 5.1 or 7.1 surround!!! 😀)Save legislative measures on part of the parliament and TRAI, I really don't think HDTV is going to come here ever. We are still stuck on VCDs, and for good or for worse, money reigns over quality ever time here.

Yes there are. But they are not available to the regular public. You need to be high-level US Embassy employee to access those broadcasts.
i dint get this why would anybody need a high-level US embassy employee access just to HDTV broadcast???? There is no HDTV content beamed over the indian continent.

let me clear some of the doubts regarding HDTV tranmission. Contrary to belief that bandwidth requirement for high def transmission is high, it takes almost equal bandwidth and this is decreasing day by day as the compression technology becomes better. to put it simple, SD transmission of today is done using relatively inefficient mpeg-2 where as de facto standard for high def is H264 codec ( a flavour of mpeg-4 ) which is highly efficient. So bandwidth is not the problem, it's the cost of new hardware which can handle huge processing needed for this. Also lack of vision by Indian companies is also responsible for this. It's the money which matters and there is nothing wrong with it. Believe me my dear friend, common Indians can't afford the cost of such an investment right now. It's true that you won't be able to see HD transmission for atleast couple of years till it becomes so cheap that even countries like sudan and ethopia makes it available to their people.