Zee Dish TV DTH: FTA Digital Receivers ....DVB-S cards ..

• Thread starter Thread starter xmen360
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,393

xmen360

Regular
ISP
bsnl
Hi, I am a DishTV user since almost a year and half.Recently I was going through some of the articles here regarding Non-locked STB's. Can anybody tell me if we can use the STB provided by dddirect+ to catch FTA channels while editing the TP's and such. And does that receiver has any slots for smartcards and such. Also if someone can point the cost ..it will be good. Or is that STB also locked in some way or the other.If I do need a local STB(digital) what will be the cost ? Also I wanted know are DVB-S cards available in India ? So that instead of using the STB we can perhaps record/watch the channels (FTA ie) directly from satellite to pc. Thanks in advance 🙂

beetel sd-97 is good FTA receiver but no slot for smartcard/cam iam still trying to work with pci dvb-s cards, got a pinnacle sat pro card, not working yet, testing it out. best bet , to buy one from ebay.com and test it out

@krazy .. thanks a lot for answering my queries.🙂By the way how much did the pinnacle card cost you ? I am very eager to see the quality of video captured via direct satellite stream onto pc. Incase you do set it up ..please do send me a message here .. Thanks a lot for the response. 🙂

rs5,500 , the card is not functional yet, i have to call the support person today to get it working, it was not able to scan the insat2E (c-band) which i am trying to test out

Cab anyone tell me the companies manufacturing product like DVB-S add on card and their pricing..?

rs5,500 , the card is not functional yet, i have to call the support person today to get it working, it was not able to scan the insat2E (c-band) which i am trying to test out
is the price including LNB,dish etc. I just want the card only..u told that u cant scan insatr 2e,

Is there any possibilit yof connecting my beetel STB to my to watch FTA channels?

Cab anyone tell me the companies manufacturing product like DVB-S add on card and their pricing..?

is the price including LNB,dish etc. I just want the card only..u told that u cant scan insatr 2e,

Is there any possibilit yof connecting my beetel STB to my to watch FTA channels?

DVB-S cards are manufactured by several companies. Skystar 2 is famous which are manufactured by Technisat. Haupauge, Pinnacle, Techno Trend are few others. Sorry for the spellings. There are lot more than this but I remember only these companies. They are available for around Rs.2500. It will scan both C band and Ku band. Offcourse it will scan Insat 2E. You can use the DVB-S card to receive MPEG4 as well as HDTV.

You can connect the Beetal stb to watch FTA.

you need a analogue Tv tuner card with either a RF-input or a Composite video input.Then all you will have to do is connect the RF out from the Settopbox to the RF-in of the card "OR" connect the video composite out to the video composite in of the card and set up the card in the software to accept whichever input you are using and thats it.You will find many such tv tuner cards available in india.

DVB-S cards are manufactured by several companies. Skystar 2 is famous which are manufactured by Technisat. Haupauge, Pinnacle, Techno Trend are few others. Sorry for the spellings. There are lot more than this but I remember only these companies. They are available for around Rs.2500. It will scan both C band and Ku band. Offcourse it will scan Insat 2E. You can use the DVB-S card to receive MPEG4 as well as HDTV.

You can connect the Beetal stb to watch FTA.

Hi
Can you tell me the shops to get DVB-S card in chennai?