YouTube Updates

Blender and YouTube had some issues a few years back I think.

Blender didn't want their vids monetized or have ads run but yt forced it on their channel. So they moved to Peer Tube.

I think that's the story atleast.

Hosting any data costs money, it's as simple as that. Even if we're able to access it for free, somebody somewhere is paying for it.

I wonder why people create a fuss about it. Just host your own data if you want that level of control. Lol

Google doesn't need any sort of PR. They don't even have a dedicated support team we can contact no matter how much of a YouTuber we are.

And if we talk about Google doing something good? They offer G Suite for education, free of cost to schools and educational organizations. They do a lot more for the society than anyone can imagine. They don't really have to prove anything to anyone. That's just how it is.

Reminds me that even Zoho was offering IMAP and POP access for free accounts with storage limit of 5 GB, and silently disabled it for new accounts as the company grew. Yet again, they paid for the storage and services from their own pocket and are still paying for the existing free accounts. We cannot say that those free services mean nothing. There are obviously two sides of a coin. And the fact that they offered free accounts with premium features as a part of a long term business goal, doesn't necessarily make them evil. They never said they're a non-profit organisation.

Last edited:
Indians post shitass videos in the name of reviews, news and what not, we need dislike feature over here.

The new options for Video Quality(new Youtube app update- Android) , still dont let us lock the resolution. Even though I have changed to use the Best(Higher picture quality and Custom set to 1080p) , it drops to 720p if there`s just a little fluctuation on the network , which is kinda weird. I mean it has the buffer to play , but still drops to 720p

Does it happen a lot with you guys also ?

So I can see that YouTube is changing the quality for each video. Also made it difficult to change the resolution.

It's setting the resolution to 360p and even 144p when I am on a 100 mbps connection.