Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
vCdxt1A.webp

Source

not sure if real. there is a reddit thread with the same tweet from a comic. also the emoji is missing. and there is no reply. and there is little traction.

ISP
Airtel
YouTube never said it's doing a public service anyway. It can be used for GREAT purposes, sure.

People who really want to HELP other people, should be given an option to pay YouTube to keep their content ad-free? 🤷

JB701

ISP
TriplePlay/Excitel
Blender and YouTube had some issues a few years back I think.

Blender didn't want their vids monetized or have ads run but yt forced it on their channel. So they moved to Peer Tube.

I think that's the story atleast.

ISP
Airtel
Hosting any data costs money, it's as simple as that. Even if we're able to access it for free, somebody somewhere is paying for it.

I wonder why people create a fuss about it. Just host your own data if you want that level of control. Lol

ISP
Airtel
Google doesn't need any sort of PR. They don't even have a dedicated support team we can contact no matter how much of a YouTuber we are.

And if we talk about Google doing something good? They offer G Suite for education, free of cost to schools and educational organizations. They do a lot more for the society than anyone can imagine. They don't really have to prove anything to anyone. That's just how it is.

ISP
Airtel
Reminds me that even Zoho was offering IMAP and POP access for free accounts with storage limit of 5 GB, and silently disabled it for new accounts as the company grew. Yet again, they paid for the storage and services from their own pocket and are still paying for the existing free accounts. We cannot say that those free services mean nothing. There are obviously two sides of a coin. And the fact that they offered free accounts with premium features as a part of a long term business goal, doesn't necessarily make them evil. They never said they're a non-profit organisation.

Last edited: