• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,087

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
As marked in red above. Earlier I used to see title of Youtube video at that location, which helped on what to expect inside. (Highlight / Full video / Song / trailer etc.)
In this video its clear its Mahabharat but in some videos, thumbnail does not help on knowing what to expect inside. So again title helps.

Also I could simply click on title of video and download it using video downloader. (this is main thing i am missing)
But now since there is not title it does not help. Clicking on youtube on top bar also does not work.
Also bottom bar used to show me length of video (i.e. number of minutes / seconds) that is also gone.
Please check.

Another one. How to know what is it all about without title?
Is it only me or its everyone?

It's like this because of the YouTube code I am using. I like this version of the YouTube player.

But just 2 days back it all looked same but with titles.

Nope. Older videos has the regular player. This change was made a few months ago.

No I am 100% sure, it showed me title just 2-3 days back. I clearly remember funny titles of few videos.

YouTube's default embed code is hiding the title with the new embed code.
Code:

https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters#Manual_IFrame_Embeds
showinfo (supported players: AS3, AS2, HTML5)
Values: 0 or 1. The parameter's default value is 1. If you set the parameter value to 0, then the player will not display information like the video title and uploader before the video starts playing.
You need to add showinfo="1".
Actually thats supposed to be default, I dont know why its not happening.
So if you want to allow to show title then add that.

There is also this:
autohide (supported players: AS3, AS2, HTML5)
Values: 2 (default), 1, and 0. This parameter indicates whether the video controls will automatically hide after a video begins playing. The default behavior (autohide=2) is for the video progress bar to fade out while the player controls (play button, volume control, etc.) remain visible.
If this parameter is set to 1, then the video progress bar and the player controls will slide out of view a couple of seconds after the video starts playing. They will only reappear if the user moves her mouse over the video player or presses a key on her keyboard.
If this parameter is set to 0, the video progress bar and the video player controls will be visible throughout the video and in fullscreen.
On IBF it is set to autohide=1, may be you need autohide=2

I like the controls hidden. I have tried with showinfo=1. It is not displaying the title of the video.
Code:

Test it some more... Only Adobe Flash powered player seems to be able to show the title of the video.

Hmm, I found this.
I have to play the video to see title!
Then if I dislike the video then it wont stop downloading in background unless I close the page.
😀

Changed the code to Adobe Flash Player one. Should work on most videos. New ones. Because the old ones are cached. I can try rebuilding the posts. But there is a bug on current version of IPB. I recently did it and it messed up formatting of possibly thousands of posts.