YouTube Music

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 12,046
Would Play Music rebrand to YouTube Music, or it would be new app? OR would single YouTube app support all?

there were reports recently that google plans to shut down play music by the end of the year and replace it with youtube powered service.
i am not sure how it works. i do not like the youtube app much. i don't watch music videos. god knows how the youtube music service would work.

Official YouTube Blog: YouTube Music, a new music streaming service, is coming soon

YouTube Music is a new music streaming service made for music: official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalog of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you can’t find anywhere else - all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.

A reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
YouTube Music has thousands of playlists, the official versions of millions of songs, albums, artist radio and more, in addition to all the music videos people expect from YouTube.
Remixes, covers, live versions as well as deep cuts you can’t find anywhere else – from the biggest artists in the world to freshest voices breaking through.
New and iconic videos from "God’s Plan" and "Havana" to "Thriller," "Sledgehammer," and more.
YouTube Music search works even if fans don’t know exactly what they’re looking for … we’ll find it if they describe it (try “that hipster song with the whistling”) or give us some lyrics (try “I make money moves”).
YouTube Music’s personalized home screen dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on people’s listening history, where they are and what they’re doing. At the airport? We’ll recommend something relaxing before the flight. Entering the gym? We’ll suggest some beats to get the heart-rate going.
Thousands of playlists built to help you discover new music. That means no matter what kind of music you like, where you are, what you’re doing, or what mood you’re in, you can easily find the right playlist for that moment.

I wonder whether YouTube music supports playing offline (downloaded mp3 songs). I mostly use Play Music for that.
BTW Amazon Music also lists my offline downloaded music, but never tried playing songs on that. Few years ago I tried few Music players, but hated that most of them had lots of ads.

While fans can enjoy the new ad-supported version of YouTube Music for free, we’re also launching YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that gives you background listening, downloads and an ad-free experience for $9.99 a month.

free version would not even let you minimize the app while listening. forget offline support.

Reactions: SVK
YouTube Music will eventually get Google Play Music’s best features, including user uploads

Google has said that it will give users plenty of notice when it does decide to make big changes.

Google’s current goal is to move GPM subscribers over to YouTube Music at some point in 2019.But it sounds like the company is in no hurry to make that switchover, so the target might slide a bit. By the time it does happen, Roman said that all of the major cornerstones of Play Music will have been added to YouTube Music. Aside from cloud uploads, that will also include the ability to purchase music instead of just renting it monthly.