Your web hosting provider?

• Thread starter Thread starter 0zas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 14,844

0zas

ISP
fiber
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?I am checking Hosting24.com at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

If you're thinking of quitting HG, then you're doing it wrong. When they say you're using too many resources - they mean it. I mean they are not lying. Upgrade to their VPS, if you can. I won't even think of comparing any other hosting company with HG. Post in their public forums if you need an explanation from their staff.

hostgator any other, if you think you'll be able to use 100-200-300GB for 6.xx USD a month, you are wrong, each such provider has a very well written "terms of service" which you will break in one way or the other. CPU, inodes, max mysql queries, max concurrent connections, max script running time etc, the list is huge.If you have a e-commerce websites a reliable VPS or a dedicated server with offsite back-up is best and safest option.may be off-topic not for OPIf you have a warez or illegal mp3 site, you'll always trigger T.O.S./A.U.P. of any reliable web-hosting provider, as most providers like hostgator and other would kick you off once they find warez or illegal stuff, and you need to wait till one day you get caught with serious lawsuits and hell lot of money in defending yourself which you will never be able to do it, every warez webmaster thinks he's inevitable but it takes tracking of only one IP Address to ruin rest of your career.

I am lucky to have my own hosting servers. I had a 40mbps LL optical circuit from Tata for hosting. Unlimited B/w and Unlimited WebSpace.

@Notam How much are you paying for it.The standard speeds these days are 100mbps and 1Gbps.India has miles to go in web hosting.Hope they make laws bit lenient.

it is not the laws that is the problem. it is the high cost of peering and hosting and bandwidth. i was looking at options to migrate the site to an india based server... i pretty much need to pay double to get the same specifications here compared to my current host.

i use https://goo.gl/6HEd a web host without a web site. seriously.
LOL

it is not the laws that is the problem. it is the high cost of peering and hosting and bandwidth.

i was looking at options to migrate the site to an india based server... i pretty much need to pay double to get the same specifications here compared to my current host.
It's actually price + laws. I think it's good you didn't move IBF to India.

it is not the laws that is the problem. it is the high cost of peering and hosting and bandwidth.

i was looking at options to migrate the site to an india based server... i pretty much need to pay double to get the same specifications here compared to my current host.

not only double the cost, you'll end up have nightmares dealing with tech. team if there's a network issue, I have experience in hosting servers, but I still see they are way behind those US based providers when it comes
to fix a time critical issue.

well that totally depends upon the service provider. i got the offer from the operators of honesty net solutions. they run an ISP. so i guess they know what they are doing providing hosting solutions.

@Notam How much are you paying for it.
The standard speeds these days are 100mbps and 1Gbps.
India has miles to go in web hosting.Hope they make laws bit lenient.

12 Lacs. Yes lets hope Prices comes down

I am sure you will get far better servers for lesser price in the US.Any specific reasons for hosting in India.