Your Favourite Download Accelerator Program And Why ?

• Thread starter Thread starter srinirao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,785
I have used NetAnts for long and its ok. But I dont use much anyway. I am considering downloading Flashget after hearing the comments on this post.

Flashget with Firefox's flashgot extension

I use FDM as a scheduler, so whenever I need an accelerator, I don't feel the need of downloading another one. FDM gives me cool speeds, the most out of my bandwidth.

Freeware = Flashget (be careful from where you download it coz some old versions had spyware/adware)Shareware = IDM (Internet Download Manager) which is pretty much the best download manager available.What to avoid: Getright. No malware here but it's just slooooooooow! For those who haven't tried anything besides Getright, try IDM - you'll be pleasantly surprised by the boost in speed. IDM is very light on resources and comes with an added perk - it has the best site grabber I've ever encountered built in (lots of options and it's wizard based).

i LOVE flashget as it can be hacked to download 30 pieces of the file simultaneously making the FULL USE of my DATAONE s "upto 2Mbps" speed:yahoo:

i've been using download accelerator plus v5.3.9.8(old version) since very long and i like it very much. it is light and does its job very well.

I dont prefer to use download accelerator program until the file is big(say 100MB). Even if I use accelerator or not, I get @30kB coz my bandwidth is capped. But if i have to use one, I prefer fdm.

you can find some customized INI files that should make it easier for you to use flashget. but i dont think it works as nicely as it does with firefox or IE...

Thanks Sushubh.........Tried Flashget with Opera but the integration is not that good. I will continue with DAP.