You WTF 100 Plan - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter georgemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 26,631
Some websites have been blocked, but torrents will still work. They are independent of each other.

hi, guys,
i am now on WTF 100 mbps plan for the past few days. the speed does not go beyond 40 mbps but upload and download are the same. even this is achieved after a direct lan connection to the router. the wireless speed does not go beyond 20 mbps - limitations of the Zyzel router i suppose- very poor throughput. i have complained of the lower speed - let us see. i have not heard from them even after 48 hrs.

Its really amazing that all cities seem to be progressing to 50/100 mbps speeds and we in Bombay are still stuck with 1-2 mbps .. The only high plan being offered by YOU in Bombay is 12mbps with a garbage FUP ..

you will be able to get higher speed if the optic fiber terminates in your house i suppose. with copper wires the upper limit is 12 mbps

Yes i have but no response after 48 hrs. keeping fingers crossed! i will repeat complaint tomorrow morning

I asked them for a higher plan they said it wont come to my area anytime soon lol .. so am happy with 2mbps unlimited ..

Yes i have but no response after 48 hrs. keeping fingers crossed! i will repeat complaint tomorrow morning
Next morning? Try bombarding them with 10 calls a day if you want the job done. DO post a speedtest, and also download a popular torrent to see what speed you get...

i did a speed test today at Ookla. it was 67.97 mbps download and 9.5 mbps upload. the ping was 509ms! this for a chennai server (mts)
the torrent download speed while i was downloading 3 at a time was about 4.5mbps.

The torrent speed was probably 4.5MBps, not mbps, read the relinace thingy on top for bps vs Bps (bits vs bytes). Try downloading only 1 torrent (with more than 1000 seeders) and see your speeds. Raise complaints about high ping, and if other people in your locality are getting shitty service start a movement.

In my school, the plan is for 4Mbps, but D-Vois caching leads to 10MBps (80mbps!!!) on popular torrents.

Rule of thumb: x mbps = (x/8) MBps

i.e. 8mbps speeds will be 1.25MBps in torrents

Dropped YOU connection today cos of heavy ping. Felt like i was using some wireless evdo sh*t. Not for gaming at all, but awesome speed. Got 40-60 during daytime and 60+ in the evenings. Dirty ping tho...extremely unstable. Chennai users can go for it if u dont game that much. For 1700odd, i think u wont get the promised 100mbps or even 90 (atleast in chennai that is).

what ever it is its all like screen saver... this is what you will get in the end

Youbroadband - Chennai

Its better you live without internet, than opting to go for youbroadband service.

Worst in Class Service provided:

A company that gets in touch with their clients only for renewal

They benefit because most of the time especially when you are in real need of internet it does not work. So in a 3 month tariff 1 month net wont work and you will still have half your GB go wasted.

You will get a message in the morning at 8 AM that internet connection is out due to technical fault. and the same will automatically get rectified and a message stating same will be sent the next morning at 2 or 3 AM and that too if you are lucky, else it will be after 2 or three days.

Ideally the service provider helps you loose weight... walk between room to see if all the modem lights are burning, else run around to see if the neighbors have internet.

You need have your own set of service tools, service engineers, or our local cable operators, so that they can help you in getting your cut wire rectified. Best if you have your own cables also.

The best customer service: they will always promise to get back to you: but you will never get a call. The easiest way of online rectification of any trouble shooting: Switch off - Switch on - unplug and plug.. nothing happens they will for sure send a never existent engineer. Worst of all they can neither understand English not will they understand Hindi. Most of the time they do not have reference numbers for the complaint calls and no history to detail about your earlier complaint. to top it all their systems are always down especially when you ask them if they have old complaint history. Even otherwise I guess they use scrolls and no computers.

They promptly ensure to collect the renewal amount, however after that, none of those numbers will be reachable. That is the only time you will realize that there are people working in this company.

It is mandate to know where the regional or local service office is so that you can at least lament your sorrows about this bad service to the watchmen, because there are and they are always engineers who cater to the neighboring locality and not yours.

After all this if you still feel you need opt this company ... you are most welcome to join my club...

John
Youboradband AC#: 1010184 -