You WTF 100 Plan - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter georgemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 26,636

georgemp

Just checked You Broadband and they seem to have a WTF 100 Plan - 100Mbps/200GB (post FUP 1Mbps) for Rs. 1699. Has anybody taken this plan in Chennai and do you get the promised speeds? If possible, could you post speed/ping tests to servers in NYC/Seattle/Singapore (so that we can see what the international connectivity is). Thanks

I applied for this tariff plan here in Pune. Fiber cable was installed today.

Has the cable outside been hung from treetops?

I ask because I got a flyer from YOU offering 50mbit.

No man, it's all overhead. Hanging from concrete. The fiber has sturdy insulation though.

Getting 100mbps? What's the upload speed?

Chennai
You WTF: 200GB, 100 Mbps, Rs. 1699, Post FUP:1 Mbps
You Fibernet:125GB, 60 Mbps, Rs. 2246, Post FUP: 2 Mbps

Last edited:
Its really amazing that all cities seem to be progressing to 50/100 mbps speeds and we in Bombay are still stuck with 1-2 mbps .. The only high plan being offered by YOU in Bombay is 12mbps with a garbage FUP ..

Overhead cables are a menace, even when insulated, India's jugaad fails in heavy rains or some other kaand... forunately in Mumbai MTNL has underground cables, but unfortunately shitty ISPs

Its really amazing that all cities seem to be progressing to 50/100 mbps speeds and we in Bombay are still stuck with 1-2 mbps .. The only high plan being offered by YOU in Bombay is 12mbps with a garbage FUP ..
Just checked, at YOU Broadband India Private Limited plans are available, though I'm willing to bet money, that installing fiber will be a hassle, and not avalable even if plan is available, and ultimately it'll be around 60-70Mbps, but still pretty good

poisad those plans arent there in Bombay mate .. check their website .. or am I missing something ?

aah yes saw your link .. new Bombay .. lucky u ..

Hi bro hathway I dont think is there in my area .. Plus I dont want a garbage FUP .. Like even right now YOU has a 12mpbs speed till 40 gb and thereafter 1mbps but I am more satisfied with my unlimited 2mbps for 100 rs more per month compared to the 12mbps 1 month scheme .. More annoying is that YOU has started to have a lot of downtime .. Everytime they say maintenance or fiber cut .. But sadly there is no other option .. I will not want to go back to reliance and Incable broadband is something I dont trust as I have faced a lot of issues with cablewallahs when I had shifted here 12 years back and if their attitude has not changed then its a headache to go back into that quicksand .. Other only viable option I have is MTNL or then wait for JIO which again I have my doubts since its a reliance company and their customer service sucks .. So sticking with YOU only for now ..

Tough luck bro, the plans are only in navi mum and powai, mumbai is limited to 12mbps.

As for reliabilit of ISPs, reliance is shitty, honestly MTNL has some of the best uptimes, as long as you use a personal WiFi router and live close to exchange. If MTNL would expand fiber throughout mumbai and offer ~25mbps at reasonable prices it'll be great