You telecom speed explained : Be aware

• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 10,593
try IDM(internet download manager) u ll get full speed as per ur plan

I got 384kbps unlimited plan and i was getting download speeds in the range 7-12KBps. On complaint they opened 4 download windows and said the maximum download speed can only be achieved by opening 4 download windows and they dont provide the full speed on a single download. This is how they do it .. take it or leave it. They cant do anything about it 😱 Strange ISP.

I got 384kbps unlimited plan and i was getting download speeds in the range 7-12KBps. On complaint they opened 4 download windows and said the maximum download speed can only be achieved by opening 4 download windows and they dont provide the full speed on a single download. This is how they do it .. take it or leave it. They cant do anything about it 😱 Strange ISP.

Im using 384 kbps unlimited plan too.I think it's called UN-650...not satisfied with it videos on youtube and other sites take time to load and keep buffering....planning to shift to another ISP any suggetions? Do u face the same issues also?

This is a classic case of bandwidth throttling. Call them and tell them that 'you Tele is throttling your bandwidth' (in these exact terms) - Get a little rough with them if necessary and they will make sure that the throttling is turned off for your account - It's a smart way to save bandwidth from an ISP's perspective and an easy way to dodge the customers by saying you are getting 'equal bandwidth' for all downloads. Good Luck!

Thank you...shall call them once again..if it works it's fine otherwise Im switching over to MTNL

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

I was told and explained the same thing about opening 4 windows at a time to get the desired download speed...I think they are really fooling us...it doesnt make sense...and I didn't even understand what he was sayin in the first place to open 4 windows to check the download speed.It's really weired

lol exactly... those faggots come and open MS and Apple site and start downloading DirectX and itunes simultaneously...