YOU Telecom: How to connect multiple PC's to YOU tele [ Here is tweak ]

• Thread starter Thread starter sco1984
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 27,263

sco1984

ISP
You Tele
Hello, I just got my YOU tele cable internet connection. I have 2 PC's and as most of us had problem me too had but as having networking back ground and from pure IT field I solved it after spend 3 hour's.Ok here is the tweak >>-Take your wi-fi router-Make all cabling-Now put your pppoe user name & password-Now, now very imp CLONE MAC ADDRESS OF YOUR PC.How to do that > Click on "Start" > click on "Run" > type "cmd" press "ENTER" key > type "ipconfig /all" It would show mac address of your local area connection-Now put that mac address to your router's mac address [ We are making dummy ]-Now log in to your YOU tele account, under "My Accounts" > under "Other Facilities" > Click on "Dual MAC updation" -Verify the address router has taken & your PC has is the same 1.-Thats it!!!!!-Now connect as many laptops,PDA's to your wi-fi router and enjoy!!! :wewin: For any problem, feel free to contact me via PM or reply to this thread.

bingo!!!its working for me i m soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with this info thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sooooo much

oh my god, I am checking for this for around 1.5 years. I have you tele on my pc and want to enable my laptop also for this. But problem is I dont have a router. I am using a shared modem which is used by all users in our apartment building. Now cable comes direclty from that modem to my pc lan card. I tried to configiure all thigns same as my pc on laptop and conected that cable to laptop. But it doesnt work. I searched on this and found that they are blocking based on MAC address of PC. Now I found some techniques to spoof the MAC adress of laptop same as pc. I tried that, but still i coudnt succeed. Please help me, I hope you can solve this problem. I hope you understand my situation, if you ask me to buy a wireless router i am ready to buy, but i want to know will it work on shared modem. Thank you.RAvi..

thank u, mac spoofing really worked, i mis typed one chracter in mac adress so it not connected. now its working fine from laptop. currently i am using laptop 🙂one more question, which router is best for working with Acer aspire 4720, you tele

Hello,

I just got my YOU tele cable internet connection. I have 2 PC's and as most of us had problem me too had but as having networking back ground and from pure IT field I solved it after spend 3 hour's.

For any problem, feel free to contact me via PM or reply to this thread.

Hi sco1984,

I have Beetel 450 Bx1 router and it need VPI/VCI for configuring dialup from router. can you provide me VPI/VCI for You tele.

I have configured PPP user name password but not working. While I am able to dial from bridge. Please note that I have registered my router mac to you broadband site.

Hi sco1984,

I have Beetel 450 Bx1 router and it need VPI/VCI
for configuring dialup from router. can you provide me VPI/VCI for You tele.

I have configured PPP user name password but not working.
While I am able to dial from bridge.

Please note that
I have registered my router mac to you broadband site.

Do not try PPPoE mode now.
Connect in Dialer Mode. ( presently Bridged" but can try "MER" also later)
go to Diagnostics page.
Check all line ( max 8 all in "bridged" default in any modem with default values )
You If connected will show PASS. that is the VPI/VCI ! ( FEEDback )
Select that link .
If you have a stand alone WIFI router. confirm.

2. Copy/paste ipconfig /all
LAN Network data Also bASIC wlan DATA.
( Delete all Tunnel data if seen )
I have registered my router mac to YOU broadband site
Which one Lan network card or wireless network card ?

ref : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/50052-bsnl-broadband-utstar-wa3002-g4/

Hi All!Great working sharing things.. I have the same issue... I'm not able to connect my Belkin F7D1401 v1 to You broadband's network to create a WiFi network.. I tried changing WAN MAC address on my wireless router to the ethernet adapter LAN wired connection's MAC address on my PC... I also changed the connection type to PPPoE in the wireless router and entered my account details...... Still its not working... In my wireless routers index page i can see two different MAC addresses, LAN/WLAN in LAN settings and WAN MAC address... should i change the LAN/WLAN MAC settings??? But i couldn't find those settings.... please help.... thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming you just get a rj45 to connect to computer. Then log in.
( No cable or adsl modem supplied/in use )

Try DYNAMICIP in wifi router.
Connect rj45 to WAN port/ or LAN1 . Lan2 to computer
Check Internet works. Then try wifi.

Para two:
Start RUN type cmd Ok
New window
type ipconfig /all
COPY/PASTE Only ethernet connection data.

Mention OS. If Windows 7 try "connectify" to make one laptop an AP.
Feedback.

I am trying to get BSNL's WA 3002G4 (wifi router part) to connect to you telecom's modem via lan cable after updating dual mac address in You telecom system. The stupid and funny support people bluntly say that they can not help! Obviously pppoe settings which worked with bsnl, doesnt work with this setup. can some one provide a step by step or detailed info?

hey...m a rookie to dese things...can somebody plz give a detailed explanation of the above procedure...coz I wanna connect 3 devices through a Belkin router...thanx

Can an ISP legally implement MAC address filtering?Do they have this in their terms and conditions (which we never read)?