You Don't Own The Mini Dish

• Thread starter Thread starter baudhayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 7,272
QUOTE(baudhayan @ Feb 1 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]77995[/snapback]
buddy...da main advantage with owning ur dish is for flexibility purpose & to save on ur installation charges. Suppose u want 2 spend some time in ur remote farm house...say for few weeks & also plan to view all da satellite channels....then you could probably dismount your dish & fix it whereever u like it B)[/b]
1) Most people would not know how to setup a dish. Forget the technical aspects (pointing the dish in the right direction etc.) but it also requires a little bit of nut-and-bolt action I am sure.
2) If you have a remote farm house, Rs. 1,000 should not be an issue for you.
3) If you know how to setup the dish, but are a cheap a.hole, then well.. who's stopping you from doing that anyway? Tata Sky's terms & conditions? Since when did "terms & conditions" stop people from doing such things in our country?

I agree that the only benefit of owning a dish is that everytime you moved house, you can take it along. Since I rented apartments abroad and moved atleast once a year on an average. I could not set the dish up by myself and always had to get a SYK engineer. Luckily, most times, the installation was free. In India, I own my own place and it's hardly likely that I'll move in the near future. Also, given the chances of things going wrong here (due to the weather or tampering), I would rather have the DTH company owning the dish as long as they replace it if things go wrong. Not sure about TATA's stand on this.As far as comparing salaries with DTH charges are concerned, DTH charges started with £9.99/- per month which is almost nothing when the average UK salary is around £1800/-. (Please don't multiply the figure by 85 to get the Indian equivalent. It does not compare.)In India, we are just getting started and the rentals are among the lowest in the world. Things can only get better.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Feb 1 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]78008[/snapback]
same ways with the modems and telephone sets airtel provide.[/b]

Sushubh - wht u said abt tht dish damage stuff is quite ri8 😀