Yes Bank

I am yet to get my account details. It's incredibly stupid. Most banks would give you an insta-account kit on the spot. Here I do not even know my account number. Money was deducted from my other account on Saturday!

Account is now open. I have the account number. Waiting for the usual stuff like Cheque Book, Debit Card and the rest.

Looking at you I also got one account opened for my wife with yes bank. Applied online and got account number immediately. Got activated in 3 days and now waiting for cheque book and debit card

Yup. I think I should have opened it online as well. I would have the option to pick an account number for myself 🙁

I forgot to mention this wrt to Yes Bank and I have face this situation thrice now (and has been the experience of almost all my friends)
If you want to withdraw something north of 75K chances are they will not have the cash available for you and you may have to wait for more than couple of minutes before someone comes with cash to deposit

lol. i would imagine that this would depend upon the branch? my local branch seems to cater to several businesses in the area so i imagine cash availability should not be an issue.
also, the atm they have in my local branch seems to behave better than any other ATM i have tried in my locality and my sector's market is basically the banking market in the city with ATMs of around 10 different banks and around 6-7 banks that have branches in this small area. it's insane.
i think there might be more branches... these are the ones i remember:
state bank of india
icici
hdfc
andhra bank
yes bank
corporation bank

Turns out the Yes Bank representative was correct. They only have Amex in the credit card offerings. No VISA or MasterCard options. Sucks.

Fellow Yes Bank account holders. Do they send a daily mail and sms about the balance in your account?

I opened the account with Rs. 20,000. I wonder about the additional 16 rupees that is in my account now. :
Also, their toll free number looks weird 18002000. Apparently their website also mentions the same so it is not a typo!

I am assuming you are a corporate user. Because their fees for personal cards are quite high compared to VISA and MasterCard.

Right. I remember Dad complaining about it a few times. But. Their golf offerings are pretty awesome. Billing is also more flexible, iirc. Mine is just an add on card, use it only for online transactions.