Yes Bank just kicked all Android users out of their banking app

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
App updated to bind to sim card.
This means you have to reregister fresh.
For that you need to send an SMS.
That sms is not going through right now.
Wonderful.

kV9adSN.webp

And of course they have not removed the stupid audio tone at login time.

But I have faced kickouts from payzapp, even if I don't use it for months. Which phone are you using?

I have not faced this issue today. There was no kick out from App... it is working fine... without any SMS verification today.

i was able to login after a few attempts last night.
the problem is with mom's account. yes bank keeps on forcing password changes. and i have lost track of her password. until now i was able to just login using fps. to re-register, i would need either login details or debit card. her debit card was replaced recently, but i do not think i got around to setting its pin. without app, setting pin is going to be annoying. without pin, i would not be able to login. basically creates nuisance for me.
best option is that the app is not updated right now on her phone. i reset her debit pin to something i note down or remember. and then re-register her when the app updates and kills the registration.

Canara Bank has the worst app. After every normal update they require to sim verification, setup pin, debit card details for account authentication.
Doesn't matter if you remember your old pin and nothing is changed.

And app is updated on mom's phone. Would have to see if I can set-up debit card pin through ivr 😩

It's as if they are so ashamed of their own apps, they don't want you to use them. Come to the branch. Our staff is lonely. Forget the apps.