Yellow exclamation mark on wireless icon

• Thread starter Thread starter aninda_d
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 8,141

aninda_d

ISP
BSNL Dataone
Hi All,I am using BSNL DNA-A211-1 Type 2 modem for connecting to net. The modem is set to PPPoE mode. My laptop shows a yellow exclamation mark over the wireless icon and cannot connect to net. My PC (connected by a LAN cable) connects fine. I can also connect my Nokia mobile using wireless LAN. Am I missing something with my laptop. Please help.

hmm do one thing soft -reset the modem and connect again see what happens

Hi All,

I am using BSNL DNA-A211-1 Type 2 modem for connecting to net. The modem is set to PPPoE mode. My laptop shows a yellow exclamation mark over the wireless icon and cannot connect to net. My PC (connected by a LAN cable) connects fine. I can also connect my Nokia mobile using wireless LAN. Am I missing something with my laptop. Please help.

Check Laptop Network/ WLAN properties On top click configure .
Also check DHCP enabled in Modem/router ( LAN page)
reset the modem
Not needed. You are getting connected in LAN mode and wifi mode.
Better go to management and BACKUP present settings to say

C:/My Documents/ WIFI router working fine.

Check my "Sticky" post WA3002_g4 quick reference for all modem/router configuration. some links have screen shots.

If you click the menu "Show all connections" your wifi SSID ( name ) as entered in wifi router or appearing in Phone should be seen.
error message if any ???
Ensure wireless card is enabled.

Thanks for the replies. Modem diagnostics shows a device id when I switch on the laptop. The problem was finally located to McAfee firewall in the laptop, switching off ICMP ping. The moment it was switched on everything became normal. Thanks for the great guide essbebe.