Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Yahoo! Messenger is a popular instant messaging client and protocol provided by Yahoo! Yahoo! Messenger is provided free of charge and can be downloaded and used with a generic “Yahoo! ID” which also allows access to other Yahoo! services, such as Yahoo! Mail, where users can be automatically notified when they receive new email. Yahoo instant messenger also includes a security feature, which allows the user to be “invisible” to whomever they choose.

In addition to instant messaging features similar to those offered by ICQ and AOL Instant Messenger, it also offers some unique features such as: IMVironments (customizing the look of Instant Message windows) and Custom Status Messages. Another recently added feature is customized Avatars

In a race to ahead in the game with the new and latest features, Yahoo! has just released their latest beta of the Yahoo! Messenger 7. Some of the new features in this beta version are free worldwide calls, Drag-and-drop photos, Drag-and-drop file transfer, Custom ring tones, Support for USB headsets and Indicators for new Yahoo! Mail, new voicemail, and updated Yahoo! 360° content.

Last edited:
Seems good!I'll try the final release, not beta.

Yahoo! targeting Skype with Yahoo! Messenger 7 Beta

Skype is the current favorite on the Internet for ‘chatting’ on the net. It allows the users to talk to each other using a Microphone and speakers with other people around the world using their broadband connectivity. The technology is called VoIP and it is reaching the next stage with companies connecting normal phones to the VoIP networks.

The field is so unexplored that everyone seems to become a part of it. On one side, we have companies like Vonage, which are currently the largest suppliers for VoIP phones in the United States; on other side, we have companies, which just offer the basic services on the Internet itself.

Yahoo! has incorporated similar services in the latest beta of their massively successful instant messaging client, the Yahoo! Messenger. The product is available for download from their beta download website and it allows the users running this latest version to ‘call’ each other to talk to each other. Previous versions are not supported, as both the parties are required to upgrade to this beta version.

In addition, the company has also added a Voice Mail feature allowing the buddies on the messenger to leave voice messages when the user this side is away from the computer. However, Yahoo! is currently not supporting the normal phone lines like Skype does (for a small fee), but this might just be the beginning of the competition. Yahoo! has the advantage of the user base though Skype itself is not lacking behind on the number of subscribers to their services on the net.

In fact, Yahoo! is not the first company to integrate VoIP in their messaging program. They already had a form of voice chat in the messenger and one of their rivals AOL also recently integrated voice calling with text chat and content-sharing features. Even the MSN Messenger comes with voice chat facility along with video conferencing facility.

How they all would manage to compete against the market leader Skype, which is enhancing its normal messaging services to fight back, is something we would have to look out for, as the competition would make the situation very interesting…

Last edited:
Hey Guys!!I am not sure how many of you ppl are into music !! And by music I'd mean not the raagas and the crappy hindi music but i would mean English music.Well anyways how many of you ppl listen to Yahoo Music!! i have to say that its an amazing channel and has alot of variety. So does MSN but if you are interested in trance and Pshydelaic then MSN is the place for you.Post your favourite station if you do tune in to Yahoo Music and may be we'll check out the channel to let you know how we feel about it!! As for now im in the "Todays Big hits " listening to "Eminem"

HELL.....OOOheard this one !!! "YouR Freak ON " Missy Elliott ...check it out then if you aint done so yet!!!AWESOME!!! all on the Big hits station

Dont have many MP3 here, howsoever am able to keep in touch with the latest music through Yahoo or MSN, infact since MP3 have become rare on the internet Id prefer to listening to streaming music.Anyways...am always on the lookout for MP3 stuff...anyone got AC-DC audio CD's or MP3's feel free to get back to me.

the problem is bandwidth. just got a 128kbps line here. if i stream music, i cannot work properly 😉

Good reason to avoid that freaky guy!We are not in a country where bandwidth is unlimited and the speed is good enough. So we have to keep track of every MB transferred !

Good reason to avoid that freaky guy!
We are not in a country where bandwidth is unlimited and the speed is good enough. So we have to keep track of every MB transferred !
[/b]

dude...here's the catch...ill give you a question to answer!! Guess where i am at ? you choices ...
1)Somalia
2)Tanzania
3)Madagascar
4)Republic of Algiers

ill let you know if you cant figure out

Damn, u are in india ! Right ?And either having a frustrating ISP or a dreamy n creamy leased line. :lol:

Agnivo look at his profile, he's not sure whether he has a T1 or T3 :blink: he's counting his speed in Mbps......

He will only reveal it...And I'm sure I am partially or totally correct... :lol:

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 31 2005, 11:55 AM
Damn, u are in india ! Right ?

And either having a frustrating ISP or a dreamy n creamy leased line. :lol:
[snapback]10804[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by anand@May 31 2005, 03:33 PM
Agnivo look at his profile, he's not sure whether he has a T1 or T3  :blink: he's counting his speed in Mbps......
[snapback]10817[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmmm... interesting speculation...meanwhile ...who's heard of 50 cents candy shop!!!
50 cents seem to be in right now!!!
Anyways if i had a frustrating ISP I would be wiping my arse with his face.