Xstream Fiber New Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter thehideous
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,225
ISP
Jio Fiber
Hey guys!
I have decided to switch to Xstream Fiber from Jio Fiber. Since Jio was the only player except BSNL in my area. But Airtel arrived now (better late than never).

Could you guys give your review and insights of the your experience?

Which modem to ask/request while installing the connection (Give all options) ?

Which OTT apps are accessible (200Mbps plan)?

Is Airtel Xstream App premium or normal which is provided to us?

I have recently switched to Airtel Xstream, 100Mbps plan. So far so good, I believe if the connection is handled by airtel upto the last mile then they give a very decent connection and stability, good peering, with likes from singtel, Telstra and NTT, sometimes even level3 and hurricane electric. There's minimum router hops and latencies are good too, getting full speeds to my servers in ams and Nuremberg.
Using the zte modem over the dragon path one(they only had these two) chose zte as it came with four ports, so far so good, no issues my internet is kept on 24x7.
One thing is, I'm still unable to find out how to check data usage.

My experience has been good, using it for a year. If you get an option to choose then I think Huawei, Nokia, Zte are the better ones from what users have mentioned(Using Nokia here.)
Using 100 mbps here with A6 as AP.

Up until now, I have not been able to configure bridge mode on my zte modem/router, asking the Airtel technical team they say that I'd need to get a static ip to configure that. I'm not sure if what they are saying is accurate, but I already have a secondary connection with static ip, and the Airtel itself gives public ip, so I haven't looked much into it yet. And the very little I have tried, I realised it didn't respond to PPPOE auth from a different router so I'm not sure what's missing.

I mailed them, they simply raise the ticket labelled 'ONT CHANGE' and don't do much after that, the local technical team then calls me after that.
One person has also mentioned my router is simply not supported, I scourged through the config on the Ont and i felt the same.
I have hungry internet users to feed at home, so I can't afford disconnections plus the zte modem is working good enough that i don't really find using bridge mode necessary.

Those guys who call back are not technical team, only level 1 support guys. Mine was saying same and I told him in a kind of rude way that static is diff than bridge mode and i will escalate it. Then told him to check again with backend team. He then called again and put me on conference with technical guy and within few hours it was done.

I have recently switched to Airtel Xstream, 100Mbps plan. So far so good, I believe if the connection is handled by airtel upto the last mile then they give a very decent connection and stability, good peering, with likes from singtel, Telstra and NTT, sometimes even level3 and hurricane electric. There's minimum router hops and latencies are good too, getting full speeds to my servers in ams and Nuremberg.
Using the zte modem over the dragon path one(they only had these two) chose zte as it came with four ports, so far so good, no issues my internet is kept on 24x7.
One thing is, I'm still unable to find out how to check data usage.
Use airtel thanks app.

My experience has been good, using it for a year. If you get an option to choose then I think Huawei, Nokia, Zte are the better ones from what users have mentioned(Using Nokia here.)
Using 100 mbps here with A6 as AP.
Do you know which ONU/ONT is better for airtel. Nokia/Huawei for disabling ONU/ONT Wifi and enabling bridge and using it without any hassle...

@nocturnal_kimi7 it's better you get a Nokia. More configurable (wifi on/off etc) and it's easily shiftable to bridge mode albeit by the backend.