Xmarks blocked by Department of Telecom

andcha

I tried accessing Xmarks to see some previously synced bookmarks but the page shows a message "this site is blocked by department of telecom (DOT)"This is very surprising because Xmarks is a legit website and they have nothing to do with piracy. Until today I thought only websites with pirated stuff gets blocked.Does anybody know why?

Sushubh

Administrator
Vimeo and Pastebin have been blocked though they have nothing to do with pirated digital media. Blame Reliance and how they are able to mock the Indian judicial system with their John Doe lawsuits.

Sushubh

Administrator
by the way, what ISP are you talking about? i would imagine reliance?

----------

of course. all the blocks are being operated by reliance from what i have seen. and smaller isps that are probably using their international gateway are also affected.

----------

never mind. he is on airtel. and it is blocked at my end too. i am using their browser extension which has not shown any error till now so i thought it was working at my end.

----------

xmarks.com does not load. Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search loads.

Topweb

Regular
Xmarks.com is blocked on MTNL Dolphin3G network as well but it is working on Vodafone 3G network.Our country has clearly gone to dogs. :(

Sushubh

Administrator
i am wondering if airtel is using reliance gateway at my end to load xmarks.com... :confused:

----------

any reliance user here who can confirm if it is working on their connection?

I wonder what the GFN TRAI/DOT doing ? Arent they the ones who are ought to keep eye on things like these ?@chromaniac Its always that Flagtel involved , whenever something gets blocked