Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Check Xiaomi Yi Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Infibeam

Xiaomi Introduces A GoPro-Style Action Camera That Costs Just $64 | TechCrunch

Yi Action Camera (that’s the official English name for the product, Xiaomi told TechCrunch) records video at 1080p (60 frames per second) and includes a 16-megapixel camera that uses Sony’s highly-rated Exmor R BSI CMOS image sensor. That’s superior on paper to the Hero, which records at 1080p30 or 720p60 and includes a five-megapixel camera.

Xiaomi also beats the Hero on memory (its 64 GB allocation is twice as large), and weight (it is 72g compared to 111g), while it has a slightly larger battery. Like the Hero, the Yi Action Camera can go as far as 40 meters underwater, which is probably the most important stat for those of us who like to take a camera near water.

TTNsH5D.png
aNFpPv3.png
TI95MfD.png
MtszhjO.png
IVjJzw9.png
Kq28wMg.png

few years ago i would have loved to have bought this as a dashcam for my car.

There are better alternatives for dash cams 😀

But one should remember to have an active Lifestyle before buying these action cameras. I've a few friends who bought expensive gopros only to use them on one trek and then have them collecting dust in their offices 🙂

Their gopro had 30 min battery life i think ..so for the whole trek they were only concerned whether to capture that moment or wait for something else ..it ruined their whole trip.

digital cameras have ruined everything we enjoyed in our lives. and yes... i have 5k worth of accessories purchased along with a 20k bike that i have not ridden in a couple of months. though i can easily sell it off through cyclops facebook group. just cannot get myself to give it up so soon.

To make good use of these cameras , you need to buy a lot of mounts and cases.

I'd pick a couple of Yi cameras if they're priced 6~7k.