Regular
ISP
Airtel
Check Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal

Rs. 8499

Amazon.in: Prime is coming: Electronics

RHFi5bM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like this is only upgraded version of Redmi Note 4G, i.e. Redmi Note 4G Prime. not Redmi Note 2 Prime as previously expected.

Last edited:
Xiaomi is to Android what Android is to iOS. You get a phone with so many additional features that you hardly miss being on an older version of Android. Though it does become a problem with app compatibility eventually. Or in case of Marshmallow, the doze mode.

Thats what.. the UI part I can understand that Xiaomi's skins are probably much better than most others. Its functionalities like doze mode, permissions etc that is an issue.

Also, I am not even expecting Marshmallow, but atleast Lollipop should be a minimum.

miui already has the permission model for a while now i think. as for doze mode... i am going to assume that it is going to work only on stock/near-stock Androids.

I guess you are right. People going for Xiaomi phones are probably happy with the price and the MIUI ecosystem

Also... I have no idea what Xiaomi deliver with updates. But my mom's Note 4G has seen more updates than all of my Android phones current and dumped combined. Every second week, there is a software update on the phone.

That is true. Atleast you get the feeling that the company cares about you as a customer. Unlike most others who dump you in less than 6 months from launch day...

I love their lite mode. The phone can be turned into a feature phone style device for people who are not comfortable with smartphone user interfaces. It's ugly but a great choice if the user do not need 'apps' on the phone.

Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 is getting a direct update to Android M..
They skipped Lollipop..[emoji14]
And for the features..Doze mode might be the only one..apart from that I have no issues..