Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

😛

LMAO Xiaomi still in bed with SD625..

Frankly, the 626 is just an overclocked version of the 625. This makes the former around 10 percent more powerful than the latter.

Apart from this, the only thing that Qualcomm has changed is the Bluetooth version. The Snapdragon 626 supports Bluetooth v4.2, while its predecessor is locked out at Bluetooth v4.1. And this concludes the difference between them.

He's got a point,they can still put on a latest version of SD625,may be like a SD626 or something which Qualcomm has improved over SD625 and has pushed as a next iteration for 625,but Xiaomi doesn't want to experiment which isn't great IMO :/
They have pushed SD625 in almost all of it's devices last year,so making one more SD625 is just sad

Yes, they might have....

But the title also says Redmi 5 Note Pro.... which has SD636 which is the latest in this segment released in Q3 2017: Bluetooth 5, NFC, 802.11ac Wi-Fi up to 433 Mbit/s, USB 3.1 : X12 LTE (downlink: Cat 12, up to 600 Mbit/s; uplink: Cat 13, up to 150 Mbit/s) : Adreno 509 (FHD+ (18:9)) : 14 nm LPP

So it is unfair to criticise Xiaomi even when they are bringing latest technology at budget prices.....

Yea,but if you compare Note 4 and Note 5 there's no change except for the Display,tbh Note 3 is a better device than Note 4
I'm not pro criticism right now,I still think they make some awesome devices,but I think they are playing it safely ,
I mean SD650 in Note 3 is better than Note 4 and Note 5,I mean like seriously come on 😕
And yea all the processors do the job,but come on you gotta have some edge when you're launching products as a firm and as a customer who likes smartphones

just curious. do these phones have Snapdragon processors in chinese market? from my understanding they are forced to use qualcomm here in india because of some legal reasons? but in china they prefer to use mediatek based processors? do those phones get newer generation of mediatek processors?

Yea,but if you compare Note 4 and Note 5 there's no change except for the Display,tbh Note 3 is a better device than Note 4
I'm not pro criticism right now,I still think they make some awesome devices,but I think they are playing it safely ,
I mean SD650 in Note 3 is better than Note 4 and Note 5,I mean like seriously come on 😕
And yea all the processors do the job,but come on you gotta have some edge when you're launching products as a firm and as a customer who likes smartphones
Yes... I agree but then there are companies like Vivo, Oppo and lot many.... so they bring new iteration every year with small cosmetic changes to take on such brands who are mostly operating offline and fooling their customers...

They have recently introduced... I think Y1 with a TV advt. featuring Katrina..... just for these Vivo's and Oppo's....

And not every one is as tech savvy and well informed as you are to know the difference....

But I think now they are doing very well by bringing on best in every segment at a fair price...

Their Mix2S is highly anticipated....

I'm not comparing them with anyone here but themselves and their hardcore fans..And just because everyone's not tech savvy and are not able to tell the difference justify the act.. 😕
Factually the devices Note 4 and 5 is still getting beaten by it's 2 year old predecessor!! And I'm not saying by user experience because everyone tends to use their device in a certain way..I'm taking on paper specs SD650 vs SD625
Tell this to a common man buying a phone who has to choose and I think he can agree that it's not something a mobile brand should do..anyways this is what I feel

And just because everyone's not tech savvy and are not able to tell the difference justify the act.. 😕
Tell this to a common man buying a phone who has to choose and I think he can agree that it's not something a mobile brand should do..anyways this is what I feel
As I said IMO they just did it to take on Vivo etc.... and even added some models adding plus after their names but with lower spec's just for the offline market....

And why would a shopkeeper tell a customer that he is getting more profit and selling a phone with poor spec's but identical name....

Definitely, it is a foolish idea to present such a product to a well informed customer...

people again say 650 is better than 625 but for budget phones , 625 comes with better gfx processor with adreno 506 compared to adreno 510
For instance, the Snapdragon 650 uses Adreno 506 graphics cores clocked at 650MHz while the Snapdragon 650 uses Adreno 510 cores clocked at 550MHz. The 100MHz boost may not visible to the naked eye and it may not matter much. However, the Adreno 506 supports OpenGL ES 3.1 while the Adreno 510 on the Snapdragon 650 doesn’t support this. This shows up in raw graphics performance games like Dead Trigger 2, Modern Combat and the likes as the games are optimised of the for the OpenGL ES 3.1 API. The performance boost is significant with faster loading times and no drops in frame rates.

so in reality theres no that much of difference between SD 650 and SD 625 hence I didnt feel any difference in day to day use when using note 3 and note 4 side by side