• Thread starter Thread starter bk~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 12,582

bk~

ISP
BNSL, Jio Fiber
HC1ApYY.webp

Today Xiaomi has launched Mi Router 4A-Gigabit Edition at 2,199 INR.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a good router spec wise but out of stock already. Lol

Specs say Mi Custom ROM built on a highly customised version of OpenWRT. So the stock OpenWRT might be compatible.

Actually this is a let down. It only has only 2 Gigabit ports, if you are connecting devices like pi and your desktop you will run out of ports 🙁
For an extra of few hundred , you will get gigabit routers with 4 ports.

I will rather have their shoe than the router tbh.
I expected at least 4 port with LAN aggregation.
They have let us down.

Xiaomi should stop releasing outdated junk in India which has stopped selling in China. Wake me up when there is Wifi6 router with 160 Mhz channel width support for under 5k.

Actually their routers are of good quality and value for money. In this day and age, at least they should have couple of global models launched in India which caters to different sectors. As @tatyasky said, they release products once its stopped selling in China.
WiFi 6 might be an overkill for the state of ISP in India, but having a decent AC router with gigabit ports/Mesh routers is the need of the hour. Gone are days where we are limited to 10-20 Mbps plans.

i guess the primary problem is that they have priced it too close to the popular c6/a6 models. both of which (along with similar models from Tenda, D-Link) routinely drop down to similar levels and even lower. and it has fewer number of ports which is important to some folks. but it is still good to have an alternative. mi routers definitely are easier to manage than TP-Link in my experience.

Reactions: bk~