MIUI

MIUI 9.5 to hit over 30 Xiaomi smartphones - GSMArena.com news

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (all versions)
Xiaomi Mi Max • Xiaomi Redmi 3S • Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime • Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 • Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite • Xiaomi Redmi 5A • Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro • Xiaomi Redmi 5 • Xiaomi Mi Max 2 • Xiaomi Mi 5
Xiaomi Mi 6 • Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 • Xiaomi Mi 5s • Xiaomi Mi Mix • Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus • Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 • Xiaomi Redmi 3 • Xiaomi Redmi 4 (4X)
Xiaomi Mi 3 • Xiaomi Mi 4

alright. i do not think anyone of us posted this before. just wanted to update here.
first they made the apps sending notification ads system apps so they became uninstallable.
a recent updated went ahead and disabled the option to disable notifications from these apps.

i forgot to take a screenshot and i do not have the phone in hand to post screenshots. @Navjot Singh might be able to post some.

I havent seen advertisement in my Redmi 3S prime.
hard to say what is the criteria. maybe they start doing it after the phone is one year old. because it does not happen on all phones. my mom's phone is quite old (redmi note 1st gen) and i had to block a lot of apps on it. dad's phone has been relatively nuisance free. but it is a widely known thing that mi apps push notification ads. just a google search would confirm that.

How to stop ads popping from Browser in notifications. - Redmi Note 3 - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Normally when I buy a new phone.. I first go and disable most permissions except one that I want to allow.

That could be the reason that I dont see advertisement. I may have unknowingly disabled some permission.

Oh yes... Mi Browser ... I remember seeing weird ads / siren sounds coming when I opened it once to check it.

But after that I never opened Mi browser. I just created a "Trash" folder on home screen and put it there!! 😀

There is another aspect of MiUI that I hate. The problem of 2 browsers / 2 Video players / 2 photo galleries / 2 music players and now 2 fucking app stores. Mi has started bundling its own app store which cannot be disabled, stopped or uninstalled and nor you can turn off the notifications completely on it. I don't want to install a fucking bhakti app.

Also like if your app is in need of update then apart from the Google play store update listing, Mi's App store will also send an update notification. And it can auto-update the app too but thankfully that part can be disabled.

Also one suggestion, if your phone's MiUI update is not updating the Android version for your device, then stop updating the MIUI as well. Because each new MIUI update just adds 1 more annoyance or disables some ability in their own app. I won't install anymore MIUI update.

Xiaomi Phones Are Showing Inappropriate Ads, but the Company Says It Isn't Responsible | NDTV Gadgets360.com

To learn more, we reached out to Xiaomi, but the company could not make a spokesperson available to discuss the matter. It confirmed that the push notifications on the Mi App Store are mostly "generic pushes that are not personalised," and that the ads are served by third-party ad networks and not reviewed by Xiaomi India.
In other words, inappropriate ads could be reaching anyone, including kids, and the company says it's not responsible for this. To make things worse for people like Ravikrishnan, you can not uninstall Mi Apps as it is a system application and you also cannot turn off notifications from the app.
Aside from Mi Apps, Xiaomi India is also serving ads to users via the Browser app, and when we met the company's Global Vice President, and Managing Director India, Manu Kumar Jain in Chennai earlier this year, he mentioned ads are now a serious revenue source for Xiaomi India.

^first thing I do when I get xiaomi phone is to root it, install titanium backup and remove that godawful mi app store and mi browser adware. I recently saw the ads on my uncles phones and he was pissed. "hot videos ke liya button press kariye" what not and its very easy to click them while trying to remove that notification

thankfully Asus and Oppo are stepping up competition to xiaomi