XenForo Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 20,450
a forum needs to do much more than just look good. it has to be functional. and it has to have features to allow the admin to manage a large community. blah blah blah. for me seo aspect is primary. and there is nothing like vbseo in the market for non-vb forums.

i am not saying it's bad. i am just saying that unless i start seeing it being used by one of the big boards out there, no one would take it more seriously. even xenforo has been adopted by a lot of large boards even though it is still under heavy development and a lot of features are missing. it is all about perception. in the end, people tend to like forums which are widely used by bigger platforms. as they are more used to features on it.

What is this thread doing in Generic Forums and Test Section? 😱

Litigation Resolved
As you may be aware, XenForo had been involved in litigation for the past few years. We are happy to announce that this litigation has now been resolved, and we are ready move on from this chapter in our history. We are totally committed to making XenForo the best forum software that we can. A special thank you to all of our customers for supporting us throughout this.
Licenses Extended
As a gesture of goodwill for the support we've received, we have extended the support and updates for licenses that had access to version 1.1.3 by 255 days, the number of days between the release of 1.1.3 and the initial announcement of the license extension.
Resource Manager Available on March 26th with 24 Hour Sale
The long-awaited XenForo Resource Manager add-on will become available for purchase on March 26th at 12:00 noon GMT. The Resource Manager is designed to manage files, tutorials, and other article-like content along side your forum, with a focus on the initial content rather than discussion.
The Resource Manager's full price will be $60, but for the first 24 hours (March 26th 12:00 noon GMT until March 27th 12:00 noon GMT), it will be on sale for just $20, a 66.6% saving!
Learn more about the Resource Manager and the sale...
Development Update: 1.1.4 to be released soon
XenForo 1.1.4 will be released in the near future. As with most maintenance releases, 1.1.4 will fix a number of bugs, but it will also include some anti-spam improvements. These improvements include a registration timer and the use of DNSBLs to detect spammers when they register.
You can learn more about these features in this thread in the 'Have You Seen' forum.
Development Update: 1.2 development continues
Along with preparing XenForo 1.1.4 and putting the final touches on the Resource Manager, development of XenForo 1.2 continues. Version 1.2 will add a number of features to XenForo, including further anti-spam improvements, adjustments to make XenForo easier to use on phones and tablets, and much more.
We have not announced a release date for 1.2. More information about the features that you'll be seeing in 1.2 will be posted in the 'Have You Seen' forum.
Looks like there is a possibility there.

Giving IPB six months. I cannot just assume that the major drop in traffic is because of IPB because the switch killed all links from the vB installation. I mean indexing is super fast and smooth currently. Any new thread is indexed within a few minutes. Ranking is of course a totally different matter.
In six months, things would be clear about vB4 and where XenForo is going. Would prefer going to a more functional vB5 than XenForo really. This is assuming vbseo guys would have a version out by then!
Accepting the fact that these six months might see negative returns from the forum. So would probably start hunting for freelance work. 🙂

More options are worse. Needs an officially supported version. I am not going to take them seriously unless they offer supported versions of converters. I should not be paying to switch to them for the converters. That is just awful.

lol. fixing bugs at fast pace is not really that big of a deal. adding new features at greater speeds is. they had a couple of months of absolutely no development. so they have to do a lot of work now to show that they are serious about the whole thing. too bad, they are not doing what they should be doing to attract folks to their platform.
look at wordpress. it has free solid quality importers for all competing blogging platforms. that is how things should be done.