• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 12,603
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool....Japanese is my fourth Language 😀

Finnish is my fourth.

English>Hindi>Tamil/Malayalam>Japanese 🙂

Sounds fairly normal from someone growing up in a multilingual environment. But we go OT now.

Lol...yeah back on topic.But have you at least thought about making a plan geared to cater a gamer's needs and advertise the said plan as such...Or, are you just trying to make things simple by rolling out general plans that would cater to all?

Lol...yeah back on topic.

But have you at least thought about making a plan geared to cater a gamer's needs and advertise the said plan as such...
Or, are you just trying to make things simple by rolling out general plans that would cater to all?

As I've mentioned, and as you seemed to agree, I don't really think there is much point in making a special "gaming" plan, considering that it's all available by default. Are you suggesting that we should make it an add-on (like Airtel) and charge you for the privilege (or at to least offset the costs of the hardware)?

I think if we advertise the standard wired service as being suitable for everything (gaming, online video etc) then we should be alright - we probably just have to highlight the gaming servers, and/or particular games that we're hosting as a no/low-cost available option to attract that audience.

I'd be happy to "create" a special gaming plan/add-on, but to be honest I can't figure out a way to differentiate such an offering from the other plans unless we end up charging for it. What kind of things would you want to be included that might warrant a special plan or add-on?

Naah, I'm not suggesting you to charge extra, all I'm saying is that adding a separate plan helps the user save up on cost by paying for what he wants...nothing more, nothing less...The more customization you allow to the end user to shape a plan according to their needs, the happier he/she will be 🙂So will these services be offered to wireless plans too? (Hayai Zone)But then again, if you are going to promote existing plans with all relevant details and highlight the gamin aspect then you won't need a separate plan just for gamers.e.g: I'm a heavy downloader and a gamer...what plan would you suggest I go for ?Considering that my usage would be around 500gb downstream and about the same upstream a month.

Naah, I'm not suggesting you to charge extra, all I'm saying is that adding a separate plan helps the user save up on cost by paying for what he wants...nothing more, nothing less...
The more customization you allow to the end user to shape a plan according to their needs, the happier he/she will be 🙂

So will these services be offered to wireless plans too? (Hayai Zone)

But then again, if you are going to promote existing plans with all relevant details and highlight the gamin aspect then you won't need a separate plan just for gamers.

e.g: I'm a heavy downloader and a gamer...what plan would you suggest I go for ?
Considering that my usage would be around 500gb downstream and about the same upstream a month.

Yeah but like I said, since it's already available by default, I don't really see how we can give another plan for less cost. They still require the same hardware on their premises, the same cabling, they still require internet access in case they want to compete on international servers - if they're really light internet users then the basic data plan includes 3GB of data and is just Rs599... the only way to make less cost would probably involve taking away the internet component but then that would be... pointless?

On the wireless plans these things (game servers etc) would be available but not recommended due to the inherent latency issues of wireless - the wireless product isn't really aimed at the gamers.

500GB is a lot... a little difficult to achieve unless you're downloading HD DVD/Blu-Ray rips. So as a heavy downloader using 500GB per month I would say either a data plan with the appropriate amount of data or a flat-rate plan. I'd suggest either 20 or 50Mbit/s (whatever you spend on more bandwidth you're likely to save on your electricity bill... at least if Mumbai prices are anything to go by!)

Living in Finland I used to download about 400GB per month on a 20mbit/s connection - of course, no FUPs or anything like that because Finland is awesome when it comes to bandwidth and connectivity (even on mobile).

Lol....500Gb was the upper limit....might never end up getting close to that.So realistically say about 300 gigs....And yeah running the pc 24x7 does rack up the electricity bill but there were no other alternatives...until now 😛Also electricity is more expensive in Gurgaon when compared to Mumbai.Yeah...one of my life goals is to migrate out of this country to either Sweden/Finland 😛

Lol....500Gb was the upper limit....might never end up getting close to that.So realistically say about 300 gigs....
And yeah running the pc 24x7 does rack up the electricity bill but there were no other alternatives...until now 😛
Also electricity is more expensive in Gurgaon when compared to Mumbai.

So then buy data as you need it. 100-200-300GB at a time or whatever. The extra data stays valid for up to a year so long as you keep your account active (Rs599/month).

Yeah...one of my life goals is to migrate out of this country to either Sweden/Finland 😛

Having immigrated to Finland, I can safely suggest Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.