wtf.Airtel reserves the right to disconnect you from CC if you call too much!

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,233
W

warthog

Thats what happened to me.I am barred for 10 days from calling their CC.reason given is that i call too much.Yeah right,as a customer i have the right to seek clarifications and give my complaint.They say that it is their policy.So what should i do?,write another letter to TRAI or goto the court?😡

they must have seen your posts in this forum😗

Thats what happened to me.I am barred for 10 days from calling their CC.reason given is that i call too much.Yeah right,as a customer i have the right to seek clarifications and give my complaint.They say that it is their policy.So what should i do?,write another letter to TRAI or goto the court?

😡

if u have any friends nearby with airtel connection. call from their number :thumbsup:

I am barred for 10 days from calling their CC.reason given is that i call too much.😡

THIS HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA !!

In lesser developed countries of Africa they dont bother to set up a CC

In more advanced nations;
it would be a joke
coz the CC is meant to recieve calls only.

Hmm........ban all customers from calling CC , only because they call CC. :rofl:
Another cost cutting measure by some smart a*s because they say Average Revenue per User(RPU) is so low in India they cant provide Cc as well as the phone service????????????
LOL

if u have any friends nearby with airtel connection. call from their number :thumbsup:

MTNL has a way around this
In Mumbai they say to get a docket number for your complaint
you have to call ONLY from the number with the complaint 😛

I complained to the nodal officer and that was his response.looks like i have to Try the TRAI

@warthog/What is your problem with Airtel BB connection ?I use the phone to CC for a breakdown or intermittent connection, and send emails to CC for other queries ,billing errors etc. Nowadays even this is almost nil. You get a standard reply and thereafter a standard response.Usually problem is solved. if not send email to appealate.In my experience for more than three years, Airtel CC response has been very good, even though the number of occasions , I have to seek assistance was about three or four times.Once my modem was replaced within 5 to 10 minutes of making a call.Lucky for me a tech member was attending another call in the same locality ! I have no Airtel cellphone connection. Hope IBF members here can help you out. Happy surfing.

They say that it is their policy.😡

Same applies to Airtel mobile services. If you make more than 3 calls a day for about a week, your customer care number (121 in this case) is blocked for about 2 months. Some of my friends have gone through this. 😛

Why don't these people sell off their company if they don't know how to do business? It's really sad to see such horrible conditions and useless policies. 😡

Why don't these people sell off their company if they don't know how to do business?
Why not accept the Invitation by PZ and switch over to BSNL !!!
You have so many provider/s now a days. Or how about the "friendly" bulldog ?!!!

there is a valid reason for doing this. you are indirectly preventing others from accessing the CC. CC is not meant for talking only with you. p.s : i am not supporting airtel, i am only giving the reason why they do it.

Vodafone Kerala also does the same. But they dont acknowledge the barring, they say network problem/machine problem. I came to know of it from a highly placed inside source 😉

@warthog/
What is your problem with Airtel BB connection ?

i was wondering the same thing ?

I use the phone to CC for a breakdown or intermittent connection, and send emails to CC for other queries ,billing errors etc. Nowadays even this is almost nil.

In my experience for more than three years, Airtel CC response has been very good, even though the number of occasions , I have to seek assistance was about three or four times.Once my modem was replaced within 5 to 10 minutes of making a call.

That has been my exp for nearly 4 yrs with Airtel as well.

Number of calls to them in that period is how many i would make to my previous ISP in less than a month !!

The service has been so damn good, its rather exceptional to have to even call the CC.

Hmm, I always used to wonder what would happen if one called them up every day. I guess now we now what happens!But I don't think it's totally unreasonable. (And you wouldn't have any recourse with consumer court for sure. Maybe TRAI. But there it's doubtful as well).