Wow! Ubuntu 11.04 is out.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 19,460
I got ur post.....But 1 thing i didnt understand - Wubi.....whats that??

Download | Ubuntu

Windows UBuntu Installer

it was earlier a separate project. now a part of the default ISO.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

http://ubunturelease.hnsdc.com//natty/wubi.exe here is a direct link. download, run, install. as simple as that. i was pretty shocked when i first tried it couple of years ago.

I have never used Linux. I downloaded Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit and installed. I now have 3 operating systems. Windows 7, XP and Ubuntu. I quite like Ubuntu but my internet speed is very slow. On windows 7 and XP the speed is good. Is there anything one has to do like tweaks, etc ? Speedguide says that the rwin is too small ? I do not have a clue on how to change the rwin. Also on the download site why is the 32 bit recommended and not the 64 bit?

Even I want to try out Gnome 3.
Has anybody tried here yet (on ubuntu)?
yeah... me !!!
https://broadband.forum/linux/68449-wow-ubuntu-11-04-out/9/#post489282

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

ooh. i should try gnome 3!

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

i believe ubuntu offers an option named ubuntu classic that runs gnome instead of unity.
I think the classic runs gnome 2 not gnome 3.

well yeah. i meant that you can keep unity and update the classic login to gnome 3.

Thanks for the links!!I have bookmarked them. So the moment i get time after my exams, it will be time to xperiment!!

Fixed!
Code:
sudo killall bluetoothdsudo bluetoothd --udev

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

One more thing - How to change update server to India?. Now it is in USA server. I am not getting any updates and it says failed to get latest package info.

Which are the options that are enabled by default in Compiz in Ubuntu 11.04. I tried to enable Rotate Desktop and Desktop Cube, now window borders are not coming. This is the buggiest Ubuntu I have ever seen.