wow airtel just commited a violation of net neutrality!

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,094
W

warthog

all along is was saying that net neutrality is a big issue.SO today i finally got the answer as to why airtel has banned IRC network undernet.they say we do not wish to give this feature.YEAH right in jan i will take them to consumer court,this is a serious thing as they have said that we can ban anything they like without telling the govt and exercising IT act 2000 by themselves.Since when did private corporations became authority?how can you say we dont provide this service?.its saying we dont proved telnet,gopher,http,ftp,p2p.so how much should i sue them for?1 lak or 1 crore.I am not joking,this week i am filing a RTI and then after i get the response in 30 days i will take them to court.btw comcast the largest isp ws found to throttle p2p traffic and was sued and found guilty by FCC.

TRAI number011-23211669call this number.i got this number from trai.its the complaint number.If we all complain then they would take action swiftly and quickly.do tell me if you have called them and complained about airtel illegal ban of network undernet.they have violated the IT act 2000 and our constitution.they think that they are the govt.plz wake up and act.

Coz Undernet can put p2p\torrents to shame, if you know what i'm talking about.. 🙂
Question is, why would they ban undernet?

@warthog idk how much u shud sue them for....wud be a good option to consult a lawyer! wat say or u already have?Also you may consider looking at the amount of loss u incur as a result of airtel's policy. Keep us posted with updates on this issue.:thumb:

I don't remember where but I have read it somewhere that IRC has been banned by Govt Of India!!

Haha, in that case hangon for one more conspiracy theory!

muhaha

i just talked to cnn ibn,they told me to write a letter and they would ask trai about this.
ps: you dont need a lawyer for a consumer court and there are no legal fees!
😀

Ah makes sense.
that doesnt mean they can ban it,comcast tired to throttle it and was sued and found guilty by the FCC,this is outright ban.
i was telling you guys about net neutrality
Save the Internet : Fighting for Internet Freedom

airtel's worst nightmare is ME

sorry but what is undernet ? 😕
The Undernet is one of the largest realtime chat networks in the world, with approximately 19 servers connecting over 35 countries and serving more than 1,000,000 people weekly.

@warthog

you may consider looking at the amount of loss u incur as a result of airtel's policy.:thumb:

Hmm.. he will loose couple of TBs worth of games (fallout 3 etc), few TBs worth of Bluerays (1080p ones) and a considerable amount of KBs worth of chat 😀..