• Thread starter Thread starter babloo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9,410

babloo

Regular
ISP
Asianet
I would like to know more about Airtel lifetime prepaid. Like what is the minimum amount of recharge we should make to get incoming calls. What is the call rate per minute?

Re.1 Per/min. Local calls.Rs.1.50/min STD You can even recharge for Rs.10

And here is the catch that is *NOT* advertised by the evil operators.

Even though it's called "lifetime" prepaid, you have to re-charge with minimum *total* of 200 rupees per every 6 months.
:evil:
Otherwise, your "lifetime" will just expire!

Source: Techtree.com India > News > Telecom > Airtel Lifetime Prepaid for Rs 495

In addition, lifetime = license period of operator in your circle.
:wall:

Eg: If Airtel has license till 3/2009 in Delhi and 3/2012 in Calcutta, then, your life time till apply only till 3/2009 if you are a Delhi customer. Else, if you are a calcutta customer, your lifetime will apply till 3/2012.

I would vote towards operators on this, cause Few things most people usePetrol Rs.58/Ltr.Cold Drink: Rs.15/-Dinning out : Rs.300/per head atleast.Cigarette Rs.88/packBeer Rs.65/bot.Travel Rs.50 a day if not petrol. Then even you can't spare Rs.33/month on phone, I think one shouldn't be using cellphone if Rs.200/6month seems expensive to anybody. After All operators have running cost too, and i think in India Gensets are killing profits like anything. SAB KUCH FREE MEIN KAISEY CHAELGA BHAIYA.

Thank you very much. I would also like to know about the processing fees for Rs 200 charge and how much talk time I will get.

I would vote towards operators on this, cause

Few things most people use
Petrol Rs.58/Ltr.
Cold Drink: Rs.15/-
Dinning out : Rs.300/per head atleast.
Cigarette Rs.88/pack
Beer Rs.65/bot.
Travel Rs.50 a day if not petrol.

Then even you can't spare Rs.33/month on phone, I think one shouldn't be using cellphone if Rs.200/6month seems expensive to anybody. After All operators have running cost too, and i think in India Gensets are killing profits like anything.

SAB KUCH FREE MEIN KAISEY CHAELGA BHAIYA.

My problem is not whether paying 200/- per 6 months is OK or not.

Our problem is, the operators *NOT* mentioning this anywhere. They give the impression, that you actually can get incoming even if you don't recharge for lifetime.

I have problem with *that* hiding of information!

On a side note, operators are in a *business*, they are not exactly doing *charity* by offering these lifetime offers. They are offering this option, because they know and they DO make money out of every single offer.

So, I don't see any reason whey one should feel sorry for them.

With cigarette addiction whats d use of lifetime card?😀May ITC invent something like lifetime cigarette pack in future!

And here is the catch that is *NOT* advertised by the evil operators.

Even though it's called \"lifetime\" prepaid, you have to re-charge with minimum *total* of 200 rupees per every 6 months.
:evil:
Otherwise, your \"lifetime\" will just expire!

Source: Techtree.com India > News > Telecom > Airtel Lifetime Prepaid for Rs 495

In addition, lifetime = license period of operator in your circle.
:wall:

Eg: If Airtel has license till 3/2009 in Delhi and 3/2012 in Calcutta, then, your life time till apply only till 3/2009 if you are a Delhi customer. Else, if you are a calcutta customer, your lifetime will apply till 3/2012.
But is recharging enough ? Because if you dont live in India and use your phone just once a year when in India but recharge it 6 monthly is that okay then ??

Thank you very much. I would also like to know about the processing fees for Rs 200 charge and how much talk time I will get.

send SMS to 170 (Toll Free)
RC

charcaters are not to be included.

They might not have the details for all the recharges.

I would like to know what is validity period displayed for Airtel lifetime prepaid. I had taken 1st SIM in 2006 in 999 and it displays validity till 2032, then I took other SIM last year in 999 (just 1 month before 495 price was introduced) and it display validity till 2010 only!:huh:.
So what is validity displayed for Airtel Lifetime prepaid users here?

For our both SIM's there was no information about recharge by Rs 200 in 6 months.
1st SIM I occasionally use in 6-8 months when I visit India and it is always working, that means my SIM also remains active (with roaming & ISD) without recharge.
2nd SIM is used in India and generally it is recharged by Rs 100-150 every month.

I would like to know what is validity period displayed for Airtel lifetime prepaid. I had taken 1st SIM in 2006 in 999 and it displays validity till 2032, then I took other SIM last year in 999 (just 1 month before 495 price was introduced) and it display validity till 2010 only!:huh:.
So what is validity displayed for Airtel Lifetime prepaid users here?

For our both SIM's there was no information about recharge by Rs 200 in 6 months.
1st SIM I occasionally use in 6-8 months when I visit India and it is always working, that means my SIM also remains active (with roaming & ISD) without recharge.
2nd SIM is used in India and generally it is recharged by Rs 100-150 every month.

:: Airtel :: Prepaid Mobile - Tariffs.
Select your circle.

for delhi:
Other Details:1. Validity for lifetime is applicable as per license period of the circle and is subject to change in case any regulatory and licensing condition changes in the future. The validity of our existing licence is 28/11/2014 and extendable for further periods by Govt. of India.

:: Airtel :: Prepaid Mobile - Tariffs.
Select your circle.

for delhi:
Other Details:1. Validity for lifetime is applicable as per license period of the circle and is subject to change in case any regulatory and licensing condition changes in the future. The validity of our existing licence is 28/11/2014 and extendable for further periods by Govt. of India.

Thanks for the link.
But my query hasn't answered in the link as it only mentions current plans (195 lifetime Prepaid - Maha & Goa Circle)
Customer has to do a cumulative recharge of Rs200 every 6 months to enjoy uninterrupted lifetime. Services to SIM Card will be discontinued if there is no usage i.e. no voice calls (incoming or outgoing), SMS and data for any continuous period of 90 days. No refunds will be given for any unused talktime balance and validity on the card. You will also not be able to use this number post disconnection.(Lifetime customers would not be part of this T&C.:huh🙂

But is recharging enough ? Because if you dont live in India and use your phone just once a year when in India but recharge it 6 monthly is that okay then ??

To recharge the mobile, the sim has to be in the range of the mobile tower, which means person or the mobile should be in India!

As far as I understand, this lifetime validity sim is of no use to NRI's( unless he is travelling eversy six months to India jsut for recharge!).

1. At least a usage of Call/SMS/GPRS with in 90 days for all customers

(Mentioned in the Apef form, in terms and condition column).

2. Recharge of Rs.200 in 180 days for lifetime customers

(Mentioned in the LTV recharge Voucher and the airtel website (Mobile Prepaid, Broadband, Postpaid Mobile, DTH Services in India, DTH services in India, online prepaid recharge, bill payment: airtel).

If your number will not be fulfill the above mentioned criteria this will lead to automatic deactivation.

Received in mail when my number had been deactivated.