Worth Opting for MTNL 3G 4500

• Thread starter Thread starter shrinivas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,617

shrinivas

ISP
Nivyah Broadband
residing at mahim, looking for new ISPI was having really good experience with Local cable wala bt the end was even worst. Just couldn't even access net for more than 10days in last month's quota.Fed up with this i don't wish to continue anymore & looking for new onesActually its way cheapo- 2mbps ul @500/month never troubled me except last monthI believe that many high speed ul plans are overpriced & should be brought down though prices will eventually come down its the Hope!!Primarily my usage is very extreme around 30-40gb a month so ISPs with FUP are of no use to meI found Fivenet UL plans are good & within budgetAnother one is MTNL 3G 4500excited about MTNL plan but couldnt find reviews about Downloading Speeds. I am looking forward to use it as primary connection so pls guide me whether its worth the money, performance & help me with overall speeds especially when downloading torrentsPS- I avoid ISP with modem as most of the times i run PC 24 x7 for downloadin so need to take care of saving bucks on Electricity consumed by Modem, so no MTNL triband & others. Preference always either for such 3G or direct connectivity

residing at mahim, looking for new ISP
I was having really good experience with Local cable wala bt the end was even worst. Just couldn't even access net for more than 10days in last month's quota.
Fed up with this i don't wish to continue anymore & looking for new ones
Actually its way cheapo- 2mbps ul @500/month never troubled me except last month
I believe that many high speed ul plans are overpriced & should be brought down though prices will eventually come down its the Hope!!

Primarily my usage is very extreme around 30-40gb a month so ISPs with FUP are of no use to me

I found Fivenet UL plans are good & within budget
Another one is MTNL 3G 4500
excited about MTNL plan but couldnt find reviews about Downloading Speeds.

I am looking forward to use it as primary connection so pls guide me whether its worth the money, performance & help me with overall speeds especially when downloading torrents

PS- I avoid ISP with modem as most of the times i run PC 24 x7 for downloadin so need to take care of saving bucks on Electricity consumed by Modem, so no MTNL triband & others. Preference always either for such 3G or direct connectivity

Hard not to laugh at some of the statements u made... 30-40GB is pretty low usage especially if you download 24x7 as u claim... Also your tipical MTNL modem if you run 24x7 the whole month wont even give you a electricity bill of Rs 8-10... Its your comp that really consumes a lot of elctricity & expect a bill of Rs300+ to run a comp 24x7... Anyway as a main connection 3G is a very bad choice... Great speed download & VFM but frequent disconnections... If fivenet is avilable in your area go for it as they have pretty good plans but the connectivity stabality depends on ur local cablewalla... Also fivenet has 200TB+ data on DC++ which you can download @ 50-100Mbps speed(lan speed)...

I was having really good experience with Local cable wala bt the end was even worst. Just couldn't even access net for more than 10days in last month's quota.
Bro. Am really amused by your statements. you're lucky you got only 10 days downtime.
2 mbps unlimited @500 is damn cheap. Give him a warning over phone. i Say continue with your local cablewallah for the time being. Even if this service is pathetic in the coming months , Go for fivenet. It got some good reviews here

becz its MTNL lol 😀nd in sm areas like mine they dnt even have a network tower so signal keeps dropping every now and then..

ok,those statements may be laughable but i expressed what i feltanyways, anybody using MTNL Happy Hours Plan, worth opting them? Getting Good speeds?

i have no problems from mtnl since last 4 months. i am on 4500 unlimited plan and get 1.5 to 2 mbps regular. any time any day.

& may i knw whats ur monthly usage? tried downloading 500-1gb files? which model ur using mtnl or after market one?it would have been gr8 if i can communicate with u bt no PM facility & as per forum policy sharing email ids & no. not allowed as well 🙁

My usage was around 20GB... / month just surfing and youtube videoI was fooled by vodafone guys that they will offer unlimited 3G for Rs. 599 plan. So I purchhased 3G stick of VF with that offer... soon reliased that I was fooled. So I had to unlock the stick.... got MTNL 3G sim and using it since last 4 Months.I have also purchased TP-Link MR3220 wireless 3G Router. So I can connect this VF Modem and share the wifi access for various devices incl desktop/laptop/ 2 mobiles and guest who come home who require internet for mobile or lappys.

Hey guys i was using this 4500 plan until it ended few days back.Now i wanted to go for the same plan again but was thinking to wait until christmas vaccations are over.The mtnl website is still showing this plan so i believe it is still active.Now what i wanted to know if mtnl has any plans to end this data plan anytime soon if that is the case i'll go for this plan immedeately.Do you guys have any idea about it.I have a mumbai sim.

Hey guys i was using this 4500 plan until it ended few days back.Now i wanted to go for the same plan again but was thinking to wait until christmas vaccations are over.The mtnl website is still showing this plan so i believe it is still active.Now what i wanted to know if mtnl has any plans to end this data plan anytime soon if that is the case i'll go for this plan immedeately.Do you guys have any idea about it.I have a mumbai sim.
I would recommend u recharge immediately... MTNL will not give any prior notice before ending this plan... Better safe than sorry... As it is its already ended in delhi...