Worst Service ! Tata

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepthi2981

hi there...at last i found a place where i can talk about the frustrations i went through and still going through ...thanks to tataindicom ..i had sify earlier ...which was much much better in connectivity and the service ...infact the service was really cool...but i thought why not try" tata indicom" ..since i had some connectivity problem with sify. ( but atleast it was not regular)..thats was the biggest mistake ...taking tataindicom prepaid broadband 256kbps was the biggest mistake i have made...i paid 3099 for the prepaid tataindicom 256kbps unlimited connection.on the second day after i got the connection that is saturday ( the precious weekend ) ...the net was down. i checked the ping address and the network connection details ...it showed " received 0"i checked in the next morning ( sunday) ...still the received data was 0...so i called up the service engineer's ( who was apparently assigned the job of fixing problems in my locality) number given to me by the tataindicom service providers...thats guy took the phone , promised me that he will be at my place in half an hour ..but didn't come so i called up tatindicom customer service after waiting for 3 hours...they told me that my complaint number was 1812476...that they will send the help within 48 hours ..!!...so my weekend was gone. the next whole week the net was down. since i was busy through out the day in my office i had only time to check the net in the evening ...i tried calling tata indicom "so called" customer service ..but got automated answer saying that every engineer is busy ..(this happens if u call up after 8.00 clock in the evening..meaning no night time help...)the next weekend came ...i called up again and this time i was given another complaint number 1860302...was assured that i will be sent help and the problem will be solved within 48 hours. i asked them if i can cancell and get my refund. they told me they cannot refund my money.....so no money back and no service.i had no option but to wait. another 4days passed and net was still down....this time when i called up i was given some other so called "reference number for the complaint number" 1877716 ( i know difficult to digest) ....i got pissed and told them if u don't fix the problem i will go for consumer court......more apologies more assurances ..but no action...finally after two weeks of struggle i got a call from a tataengineer saying the problem is fixed . network connection is up now but often for no reason the connectivity goes down....i am planning apply for mtnl ....if not sify or hathway ...but certainly not tata indicom ever again...!

Does not say where his/her location is ?which city, delhi or mumbai ?

tata indicom ...Mumbai ..... i have no clue hows their service at other places.....after reading reviews on tata and also experiencing their service ..i get the picture

I had similar problems with Tata Indicom. Every few days the connection used to go down and the service engineer never came early. I had so many problems with my connection earlier that now I know the service engineer by name and he knows me too, that is because of so many times he had to come!
Then I had a great fight with some senior people at Tata after which the connection has been good for 10 months now without a single problem.
One good thing is that my prepaid 256kbps broadband was updated to 2mbps for free!

this is a common problem with ISP's that hang wires over trees and poles to reach ur home..in delhi this issue is with sify and hotwire..if u want reliable connectivity go for adsl

QUOTE(deepthi @ Mar 26 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]84828[/snapback]
tata indicom ...Mumbai ..... i have no clue hows their service at other places.....after reading reviews on tata and also experiencing their service ..i get the picture[/b]
you should've read the reviews of the service provider on mouthshut.com or this site before opting for TATA Indicom. I'm sure both site say the same thing! TATA SUCKS!

Anyway, go in ONLY for MTNL. They are good in terms of service. No problems. CC can be difficult but its manageable 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.