Worst Service on Excitel Broadband in Dwarka Sector 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Vatu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,292
does providers allows demo without payment ? this is the first time i am hearing. they take payment, atleast installation charges first.

I think i will test excitel and act if they allow. Majorly I play FIFA 18 on PSN network. No other online gaming However I need stable connection for remote access to my offc computer from home.

no they do not. with demo i meant using their internet for a month. sure you will have to pay extra like installation charges to different providers every month you switch a provider but if you really want a good isp. you gotta test it.

my local cable operator is good in all terms apart from his network riddled with packet loss.

{offtopic} to @philip marlowe i know that static ips are costly but a solution of some kind is much needed .
i can think of two things -

1 - offer opening of ports via registering a request.
example - i want to open xyz port . i call/email you guys giving detailed info of the port i want to open and why i want to get it opened. your backend guys then forward the port on your main public ip. if a port is something like that can be abusive to your network you can deny the customers request. but if a port pertains to a video game , if it gets forwarded on your main public ip , it shouldnt cause any problem to anyone.

2 - create a portal that the customers can use to forward the ports. i dont know how this can be done, this can be abusive as well . but just a thought that came into my mind.

act has started switching to ipv6. excitel might want to start considering doing the same. i assume they would be able to easily offer public and maybe even static ip on ipv6? not sure though if my cctv shitbox would work over the internet on ipv6 ?
Well for the CCTV box I will also be facing the same problem. I guess we can forward ports on our internal network in order to access that cctv 🙂

@webie I am not facing any packet loss using Excitel in Sector-3,Dwarka. My LCO is Jai Balaji Cable and Entertainment.
The services of Excitel hugely depends on your LCO. So, my advice would be try Excitel first. If the services are poor, switch to ACT Fibernet.
I researched a lot and these two are the best ISPs in Dwarka.
Cheers

@MadAxe ACT is not available in sec 16b, but there are some local prviders. I guess I will try excitel first, if it doesn't work i will switch. Btw how do we knw who is my LCO ?