WORST EXPERIENCE WITH ACT FIBERNET

• Thread starter Thread starter harsha_8re
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,745
I have been using act fibernet for the past 3 years.Every month i would face around 48 hours of downtime and i am ok with it.But recently from the past one month i cannot connect my router and it is showing as wan port unplugged randomly.Finally technician came and told me that router was damaged.But later i found out that router was working but the problem is with Act fibernet.They connected me using over 135 metres of cat 5e cable and due to long length of cable i was facing issues.So i called them and told that cable is so long and asked them me to connect to another junction box.But they said that all connections were full and cannot connect me to nearest box.I am getting around 2 mbps of download speed and 40mbps of upload speed.Asked them details about gx box but it is costs around 2500 and i have to pay that amount without any issues from my side.Any solutions regarding with this issue?
mostly there is damage in the fiber to the box.
cable length does not count when you are getting upload speed you should get download speed also.
i faced the same issue one or two times but after 4-5hours it became alright on its own.

But other subscribers are getting full upload and download speeds except me.

Yes.Got 40mbps over lan and wifi.I tested to different servers.If there is wall in between then speed will reduce to 30mbps.

Finally got rid of act and bsnl engineer agreed to install in my location.No lco is involved.Engineer and staff are responsive.Hope that bsnl will not give any troubles.

Finally got rid of act and bsnl engineer agreed to install in my location.No lco is involved.Engineer and staff are responsive.Hope that bsnl will not give any troubles.
How is new connection going for you ?

Took bsnl connection on 4th sept,2020.From that day there is hardly any downtime.total of 4 hours downtime.Service reliability is good.But I miss routing and ping times of act.You can instantly tell difference that connection quality is not upto the mark.But something is better than nothing.jio and airtel fiber are giving connections in area that is hardly 0.5kms from my home.I asked them in september last year about feasibilty and from that day they are saying we will give you connection in 2 months and god knows how many 2 months it will take.