Wireless Router + MT841 in PPPoE mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Nikunj93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 3,041

Nikunj93

ISP
BSNL
well guys i found the guide to add wireless connectivity to UT300... in bridge mode. But here is my situation: I got two floors in my building. I have two PC's each on both the floors. The PC's are connected to 2 of 4 LAN Ports of Huawei MT841 (Type 3) router/modem. Now the Router is placed in the ground floor, and one wire from it connects to the pc via lan which is placed on the ground floor. from the another lan port of the router, i pulled a lan wire and connected it to the pc which placed on 2nd floor. Now the router is on PPPoE mode, and both the PC's can share files etc etc, and the net connection is also shared and always on. I want to buy a Laptop now, and want to add Wireless net connectivity to it. and I want Wireless Router to be placed on the second floor. Now what do I do? Buy a Wireless Router or an Wireless Access Point? I heard that WAP is what I need, but I can use Wireless Router too, and I prefer it too, cause if I buy WAP, I will need to pull one more wire to connect to it and to the pc and that will be a problem. So can anyone tell me how do i configure W Router, so that it works with the existing setup Thanks for being patient and reading this