Wireless Modem-router

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,992

nocaps

ISP
Triband 949UL
I was thinking of sharing my MTNL Triband NU at home (between 3 computers, desktop requiring wired connection and two wlan notebooks). Currently on MTNL supplied DSL-502T; using the connection in bridge mode (with scheduled rasdial).

Can anyone suggest a modem-router combo since I'm rather clueless in this area. What do you think about these two? Any issues with Triband in bridge mode?

Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 switch Netgear Link

Linksys WAG354G Wireless ADSL Modem Router Linksys link

Please let me know your opinions on these and also any other modem-router that you may have in mind. Thanks.

i have heard that the Netgear one is good never used it myself a friend was using it.

QUOTE(arnav @ Dec 23 2006, 03:41 AM) [snapback]71444[/snapback]
i have heard that the Netgear one is good never used it myself a friend was using it.
[/b]

Thanks Arnav. Could you please ask him if he can reboot it via telnet or use it in WAN Setting set to Bridge Mode. Come folks, help me please.

sorry cant tell, he left mumbai.not in contact wit him.i use the Netgear DG632 wired router,broidg mode is a little difficult to set but once it is set, no problems untill now.

QUOTE(nocaps @ Dec 28 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]72108[/snapback]
Ok, got the DG834G for Rs.3890 from NP. Thx for the replies.[/b]

Thats a really good price! Where did you get it from? What's NP?

Ok, got the DG834G for Rs.3890 from NP. Thx for the replies.

I recently purchased the same modem for 4150 from lamington road mumbai...that was the cheapest price i was getting...

i have two questions:

1. can u tell me the detail steps for configuring this modem including screenshots if possible...as i want to be prepared when mtnl guy comes to my place for line testing....

2. the adsl phone line splitter was not present in my package though i purchased a sealed box.... shall i contatct my dealer or you have to purchase it separately....
thanks

mtnl don't provide splitter as they say that splitter comes with router... u can buy one yourself.... Netgear is really nice and best peice that is available at the moment, thats what i've been reading over the net...Do post your experience with it...