Wireless connection problem with WA3002-g1

• Thread starter Thread starter Chetan_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 12,554
@chetan
But the trick was simple: the Default Route has to be set to 'Yes'. You missed this point.
from old thread.
1.As I don't have the modem please post a screen shot of this page.
2. Did you disable IPv6?
3. FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service
Netbios over IP : check "default" and try.

Please mention briefly present position., with both LAN and wireless enabled.( even if not working)
post Ipconfig/all if you find any useful info.

Hi Essbebe,Thanks for the welcome and the reply. To answer your questions,Yes, I've disabled IPv6 and Netbios over TCP/IP is set to default.My observations are as follows:- there's an issue with the DHCP server on the router as Vista struggles to make the connection when set to "Obtain IP" and is unpredictable. The connection succeeds sometimes and often does not.- When set to static, the connection was instantaneous.In both cases, the connectivity was limited to Local only.TIA

UPDATE 1140
UTSTARCOM WA3002-G1 MULTIUSER GUIDE FOR BSNL DATAONE USERS - India Broadband Wiki

This is achieved by turning the connection to PPPoE and having DHCP and NATactivated in the router. This is how to do it:
1. Login to the router. Go to: ‘Interface Setup’, click on ‘Internet’.
2. Under ‘Encapsulation’ change the ‘ISP’ to ‘PPPoA/PPPoE’.
3. Enter the username and password as provided by BSNL in the fields provided.
4. Under ‘IP Address’, set ‘Get IP Address’ to ‘Dynamic’, set ‘Default Route’ to ‘YES’.
5. Click ‘Save’.

Page5
VERY IMPORTANT: After following the above mentioned steps, switch off the router’s
power supply and wait for 10 seconds before again switching it on. Wait till all the concerned LED lights glow steadily.
Login into to the router management portal. If all goes well, you will be allotted an IP address, DNS servers and gateway

1. Click on ‘Interface Setup’ and then on ‘LAN’.
2. Change the ‘IP Address:’ to 192.168.x.y; where x and y are numbers between 1 and
3. Under ‘DHCP’, set the ‘DHCP’ to ‘Enable’. Under the ‘DHCP Server’ section, change
the ‘Starting IP Address’ to 192.168.x.z; where x has to be the same number as in
step (2) and z can take any number between 1 and 255.
4. Change the ‘IP Pool Count’ to the number of computers that usually connect and use
the internet over this router. Ex: If you have a desktop and a notebook accessing the
internet using this router, set the number to 2.
5. Click on the ‘Current Pool Summary’ button to see all the computers currently
connected to your router. This can be used to spot a computer not belonging to the
network

6. Click ‘Save’
7. Now, click on ‘Wireless’ section and under ‘Wireless LAN’, change the ‘SSID’ field to
any name that you would like to name your network.
8. Under the ‘Authentication Type’ drop down menu, select ‘WPA2-PSK’.
9. In the ‘Encryption’ drop down menu, select ‘AES’.
10. In the ‘Pre-Shared Key:’ field, type in a password, preferably alpha-numeric, 8 -64
characters long. Remember/note this down. You’ll have to enter it in your computers
too.
11. Set the ‘Beacon Interval’ to 100 and change 802.11b/g to 802.11g if you don’t have older 802.11b equipment.

6. Click ‘Save’
.2. Click ‘Save’. Now, switch off the router power supply and wait for 10 seconds before
switching it on. Wait till all the concerned LED lights glow steadily.
13. Start connecting each computer to the router by searching for your network SSIDwhich was provided in step (7).
14. Click on ‘Connect’ and wait for the password dialog box to appear. Enter the samepassword as provided in step (10) and Connect!
15. If all goes well, you should be online by now!
For reference ONLY Not for VISTA
TROUBLESHOOTING: If you cannot perform step (13) and step (14), you may have to download and install Windows XP Hot Fix KB893357 from Microsoft Download Centre. Just search for KB893357, if you cannot locate it otherwise. It is highly recommended
that you download and install this hot fix BEFORE you actually start out with the modifications on the router.
ADVANCED USERS ONLY: Once you have successfully setup your network with all your computers, change ‘SSID Broadcast’ to ‘No’. The ‘Wireless MAC Address Filter’ can be activated. Select ‘Allow Association’ and enter the MAC address of each computer.

Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
solution also given.
Cause:
This issue occurs because of a difference in design between Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Specifically, in Windows XP SP2, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is set to 0 (disabled). In Windows Vista, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is not disabled. Therefore, some routers and some non-Microsoft DHCP servers cannot process the DHCP discovery packets.

is the wired LAN adapter also connected to the same router? cause looking at your ipconfig screenshot , the LAN adapter(wired) seems to be getting an ip without any trouble . that means your DHCP settings are correct.it could be the DHCP range you have specified. thats the only thing which could make it work sometimes and not work sometimes

Exit, Stage left!Problem solved guys, thanks for your help. My WinXP wireless network config was DHCP, no specified gateway or DNS and it works fine.After reading Evol's post, I re-checked my config on Vista and found that I had indeed specified the router IP as the default gateway. Just for the heck of it, I specified the router's IP in the Primary DNS and that did it! Though it works fine, I'm confused:1. Why do I need to specify the DNS server when the BSNL DNS servers are configured on the router AND I have specified the router as the default gateway?2. Why DHCP is working erratically on Vista. There's a real problem here because the allocation range specified on the router starts at 192.168.1.33 whereas Vista (when it works, it takes a long time) gives itself an IP in the 168 series!To push Vista, I tried WPA2-PSK with a static IP and it works just fine.Essebe, where can I contact the author of the PDF link you gave me? There's an error in the MTU value specified in the screenshot. The default is 1500 but 1492 should be the value if you want most sites to work. I could be mistaken but I remember that nugget when I got the router a year ago and couldn't open Yahoo, Gmail and several other sites. Thanks again guys.

you are using bsnl DNS server dude.. you said you configured DNS server as your router's ip.. by default your router gets DNS ips from bsnl.. so you are using bsnl's ip.. incase you wish.. you could change those to opendns just replace router's ip in the DNS option to opendns 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 they are quite fast and secure

members/trinetra/
Glad to note almost all the problems solved.
Regarding
The default is 1500 but 1492 should be the value
not always. even 1400 recommended. No hard and fast rule.
::. Kitz - Tweaking MTU settings .:: etc.
It is a wiki page and you are welcome to edit it .
Unable to access certain web sites is a regular complaint in the IBF,
and we always prescribe a) Opendns in the morning and if it fails MTU change. in the afternoon ! depending upon the patient ( I mean modem !)
DrTCP is the senior consultant !

only one solution i can give, upgrade firmware on modem & try changing the wireless channel on modem to 01 / 06 / 11 .. definately either of these three channel will provide you stable wireless connection.

@members/legend_killer/
Your suggestion too late . Given after more than 72 hours. ( post No 12 )
Anyway , it may help others to solve their wireless network issues.
From Post No 21 by @/members/trinetra/
Problem solved guys, thanks for your help. My WinXP wireless network config was DHCP, no specified gateway or DNS and it works fine.

sorry its raining here for last 3 days and my internet disconnects every 10 seconds will reply when all its works better.