Wireless Broadband on MTNL TriBand

• Thread starter Thread starter xuxiq
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,950

xuxiq

bobo
I have tried searching on MTNL's site and also tried Googling for MTNL WIFI information, but sadly I couldn't find any information on that.

Ok, I have a MTNL Triband 256kUL connection. I want to use WIFI in my place, for which I have thought of using a MTNL provided router as I will be using WIFI for only two months or so, and not for much time.

From what I have gathered through this forum and Googling is that-

1. Most of the people suggest buying a new router which you see is not feasible for me.
2. MTNL does provide routers but this information is 2 years back and there are no updates on this.
3. The plans are same, only the rental is different.

My questions are-

1. Does MTNL still provide routers? And what is the rental?
2. Are they nice routers as I will be using these only for my home, my PC and 2 laptops.
3. Do I get to keep the MTNL modem/router? And will the rental be charged for this too?

Thanks for reading, I hope I will soon find my solutions. 😀

1) yes they do.rental is 80 Rs.2) Yup! they are nice routers.I'm using them from last year.There are no problems yet. People recommend to buy a new Router because if you rent a router for say a couple of years, you will end up paying nearly 1500 Rs as Rent..For that price you can buy a wifi router.3)I didn't get your third query clearly. I guess you meant whether you can keep the router once you surrender the connection?? is it?? ..You will have to surrender the Router too.

1) yes they do.rental is 80 Rs.
2) Yup! they are nice routers.I'm using them from last year.There are no problems yet. People recommend to buy a new Router because if you rent a router for say a couple of years, you will end up paying nearly 1500 Rs as Rent..For that price you can buy a wifi router.
3)I didn't get your third query clearly. I guess you meant whether you can keep the router once you surrender the connection?? is it?? ..You will have to surrender the Router too.

Thanks, you have solved my problem. :yahoo:

For the third part I meant, do we use two routers that is the router for the wired connection+the router for wireless connections?

Or after taking up the WIFI router from MTNL do I have to surrender my Wired Router?

And do we pay the rent for both the routers?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rent is now 50. For combo and unlimited plans no rent.

I got the link to their site, and that has resolved all my doubts.Thanks!

why you want wifi...Mtnl 256 kbps UL will have 25-27 download speed, you want to use that on more than 1 PCs.....😀just saying.....

^^Am using the same on 2 PC's...that speed is more than enough of you are not downloading anything.@amishAre u sure abt 50 rs rent?? it might be in Mumbai i guess since am being charged with 80 rs every month as rent.

ohh, sorry i thought it was same for delhi and mumbai

Yeah, I know the speed would be 27-29 and I was thinking to upgrade to 512k UL. So I was just clearing my doubts.Thanks, anyways. 😀

Thanks, you have solved my problem. :yahoo:

For the third part I meant, do we use two routers that is the router for the wired connection+the router for wireless connections?
No. Just the wireless router is fine.
Or after taking up the WIFI router from MTNL do I have to surrender my Wired Router?
Why do you need the wired router anymore? In any case if you rented it from them it belongs to them nah?
And do we pay the rent for both the routers?

Thanks! :thumbsup:
You don't pay rent if you're on the unlimited plan.