Wireless Adsl Routers

• Thread starter Thread starter ravindra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,850

ravindra

Hello,I am interested in setting up wireless broadband connectivity with DataOne Broadband.I would ideally like to have a single unit (Stand alone i.e. PC free) which would double up bothas ADSL modem and as a wireless router.I have shortlisted three such units. These also have pppoe (user/ password) feature.1. D-Link DSL-G604T2. Netgear DG834g3. US Robotics USR9108Can some user confirm if these would be ideal choices and if these are available in India?Thanks and regards,Ravindra.

^ @Ravi , where is the List ...

D-Link is available . it is a good choice if you get thecorrect firmware with it . Netgear should be available at major dealers and thruonline ( check ebay.in ) . It is also a good choice .I donot know about US Robotics ...

Hello Seshu,Thank you for your early reply.In case of D-Link, even if the firmware is not updated, I hope that I will manually be able to do so.The price is around 4600/-I hope that it will be a PC- free, single unit solution from which I will be able to wirelessly access the net using DataOne.

hey, i Just joined this forum.. Guys i am looking for some help here. You see, i have a desktop which works on 256kpbs home plan, ofcourse single user plan. Now i just bought a laptop. I would want that my pc as well as laptop work together with this broadband connectin, where in i want my laptop to be working wth WiFi. Also, can there be a provision, where in if either of the two is switched off, the other one can work on the broad band. Also, how can i configure my modem directly from DHCP.

^ you should have given your modem number . you need a good wireless Router to receive WiFi on Laptop .and there is no need of posting the same query at different threads of the forum ! pls see at yourfirst post on this site ...

Netgear pals all the way, i am using a netgear wifi router, good connectivity and reliable, anyday better than D-Link, the customer support is 24 hrs and i have called them up at 2.30 p.m for help and they helped