WINTCPMOD ERROR

• Thread starter Thread starter arun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,279

arun

Regular
I think i finally figured out why my connections get disconnected every now and then.Woke up early morning one day to check on my downloads when suddenly azureus shuts down all of a sudden...next to go was download accelerator.i checked my taskbar which showed wintcpmod not responding and cpu usage at 100%.Every time cpu usage becomes 100% or even close...running low on virtual memory that is...it shuts down "unneccesary" programs as in this case it was dwnld accelerator and azureus.This happened at regular intervals during the night.I tried to "run" wintcpmod and to my surprise my cpu usage shot from 1% to 100%.I finally tracked it to the win32 folder...ran a virus scan on it with three different apps but nothing was found.I am afraid to delete it because it may be an imp. windows file and is somehow related to TCP/IP an d i might end up losing my connection all together.Guys Please help.

Thanks for the help yogi.It seems a lot of people using XP Pro have been affected.Finally got rid of it.Will wait and see tonight if dwnld. becomes normal again.Thanks